Description: Department of KinesiologyCollege of Health and Human Development Assistant Professor Fall 2023
The Department of Kinesiology at California State University, Fullerton invites applications for a tenure-track position in Athletic Training at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin Fall 2023. This position is open to candidates who are athletic trainers with a research focus on clinical biomechanics. Primary teaching assignments will include courses in the accredited Master of Science in Athletic Training program, undergraduate and graduate Biomechanics.
California State University, Fullerton is a minority-serving institution, and an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum, and fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Candidates who can contribute to this goal through their teaching, research, advising, and other activities are encouraged to identify their strengths and experiences in this area. Individuals advancing the University's strategic diversity goals and those from groups whose underrepresentation in the American professoriate has been severe and longstanding are particularly encouraged to apply. Position
CSUF faculty are committed teacher/scholars who bring research and creative discovery to life for students in classrooms, labs, studios, and individually mentored projects. They teach broadly in the curricula of their departments, advise students, and serve on departmental and university-wide committees. The primary responsibilities of the person in this position will include teaching Athletic Training courses in their area(s) of content expertise, as well as undergraduate and graduate courses in Biomechanics. This person will also be responsible for producing scholarship and creative activities commensurate with the requirements for tenure. The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute to and participate in the life and development of the department and the Athletic Training program, mentor graduate students, serve on committees, and participate in the broader university and disciplinary communities. Required Qualifications
- Earned doctorate in Kinesiology, Athletic Training, or related field with an emphasis in Biomechanics by the time of appointment
- Certified athletic trainer in good standing with the Board of Certification, Inc.
- Demonstrated contemporary expertise in athletic training
- Previous clinical practice in athletic training
- Demonstrated ability/potential to provide high-quality undergraduate and graduate education to a diverse student population, including first-generation college students
- Record of scholarship in the area of clinical biomechanics
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion in teaching, scholarship, and/or service
The Department is particularly interested in candidates with:
- Experience teaching in an accredited athletic training program
- Experience teaching coursework in biomechanics
- Experience with programming (MATLAB, Visual 3D, etc.)
A complete on-line application must be received by electronic submission to be considered. To apply, please visit http://hr.fullerton.edu/careers/Faculty.php
, choose full-time faculty, search for position #515051
, and provide the following required materials:
- A letter of intent indicating what attracted you to this position at CSUF and how you meet the required and preferred qualifications. We are particularly interested in your contemporary expertise in athletic training, teaching experiences, and research agenda in clinical biomechanics. Your letter should also address your preparation and interests in service to the department, university, and athletic training profession (submitted as a single pdf).
- A curriculum vitae.
- Research statement and two representative samples of scholarship (all submitted in a single .pdf). Your statement should detail: 1) scholarly agenda; (2) accomplishments, (3) work in progress, and (4) future plans.
- Teaching statement detailing: 1) teaching philosophy and how it shapes, or would shape, course content; 2) teaching experience and qualifications; and 3) Athletic Training and Biomechanics courses that align most closely with your expertise (submitted as a single pdf).
- Candidate statement on commitment to inclusive excellence
- This statement provides the candidate's unique perspective on their past and present contributions to and future aspirations for promoting diversity, inclusion, and social justice in their professional careers. The purpose of this statement is to help the department identify candidates who have professional experience, intellectual commitments, and/or willingness to engage in activities that could help CSUF contribute to its mission in these areas.
- A list of three references with relevant contact information.
- Semi-finalists will be required to have three referents submit letters of recommendation. On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. At the appropriate time in the search process, they will receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back into your applicant portal.
Please direct all questions about the position to: Melissa Montgomery, PhD, ATC (Search Committee Chair) at email@example.com
or by phone at 657-278-7867. Application Deadline
To be assured full consideration, all application materials must be received by September 15, 2022
. The anticipated appointment is August 2023
. Additional Information
Multiple positions may be hired from this recruitment based on the strength of the applicant pool.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications and is subject to budgetary authorization and any California State University System faculty contract increases. Summer research grants, moving expenses, start-up funds, and a reduced teaching load may be available. An excellent comprehensive benefits package is available that includes: health/vision/dental plans; spouse, domestic partner and dependent fee-waiver; access to campus child-care; and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system along with optional tax sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, please visit http://hr.fullerton.edu/total-wellness/
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083, revised July 21, 2017, as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be formally offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
Notice of Non-Discrimination on the Basis of Gender or Sex and Contact Information for Title IX Coordinator (http://www.fullerton.edu/titleix/about/notice.php
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and requires hiring employees to perform CSU-related work within the State of California.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled