Description:Salary and Benefits
The starting salary placement depends on qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range of $4 ,547.00/month to $6,661.00 /month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability. About the Position
Under the general supervision of the Director of Athletics, the Head Athletic Trainer is responsible for the development, organization, and administration of the sports medicine program, including providing work direction to other athletic trainers, including assigning, monitoring and evaluating work; developing and monitoring the program budget, and maintaining and monitoring the medical records and progress of all student athletes. When injuries do occur, the Head Athletic Trainer serves as a first responder by recognizing and evaluating the injuries, and subsequently developing treatment and rehabilitation programs, incorporating the appropriate therapeutic modalities and use of rehabilitation and exercise equipment. Due to the nature of the work, the individual must be available to work weekends, evenings, and holidays, as well as, be available to travel with teams. Responsibilities
- Provides expertise in athletic training services to all intercollegiate sponsored teams, including athletic training room, home games and practices medical coverage as needed. Assists the respective coaching staff in designing and implementing conditioning programs.
- Prevents, recognizes, and assesses athletic injuries. Implements preventative and rehabilitation programs to treat injuries using the appropriate therapeutic modalities and treatments.
- Coordinates (scheduling and paperwork) annual incoming student-athlete physicals with physicians and campus health center.
- Consults with physicians on injuries and treatment plans and coordinates with coaching staff.
- Provides work direction to other Athletic Trainers, including assisting in employee selection, scheduling and assigning work, reviewing work of other Athletic Trainers, and providing input to performance evaluations.
- Assigns athletic trainers to ensure needed coverage for practices, home events, and team travel.
- Develops and recommends program policies and procedures to the athletic administration for implementation, ensuring compliance with provisions of the NCAA, OSHA, and HIPPA.
- Coordinates drug prevention programs and applicable drug testing requirements for student-athletes.
- Monitors all injury reports and rehabilitation plans and progress. Advises and consults athletic administration on all major injuries and treatment not covered by student-athlete's insurance
- Oversees the maintenance of athletic training facilities and equipment.
- Develops and monitors athletic training program budget including equipment and supplies for the athletic training facility.
- Monitors, reviews and verifies injury reports and medical records and take appropriate action as required. Ensures proper maintenance and confidentiality of all medical records and follow insurance processing and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Comprehensive knowledge of the Athletic Trainer II. Working knowledge of campus human resources practices and payroll procedures; campus budget and related administrative processes and procedures; knowledge of effective lead techniques and practices.
Ability to demonstrate the skills and abilities of the Athletic Trainer II; exhibit the organizational and administrative abilities necessary to develop and coordinate a sports medicine program; establish program priorities; provide work direction and training to other Athletic Trainers; promote teamwork to optimize effectiveness; develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory agencies; develop and monitor program budget; ensure rehabilitation objectives are achieved and medical records are secured as confidential, accurate, and complete; and ensure accurate maintenance of insurance records and billings.
Equivalent to three to four years of experience as a certified Athletic Trainer with progressive responsibility, including at least one year of experience in a lead capacity with some responsibility for program administration and some experience at the college level.
Equivalent to bachelor's degree in athletic training, physical education, kinesiology or related field of study or combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities.
License and Certifications:
Possess and maintain Board of Certification (BOC) certification for Athletic Trainer. Some positions may require a valid California driver's license. Condition(s) of Employment
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the University Police Department. EEO Statement
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body. Other Information
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html Sponsorship
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions and we are not an E-Verify employer. Mandated Reporter
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat. com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to email@example.com
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled