Salary: $28,789.64 with 5% increase after 1 year ($30,304.88) USD
Applicant must apply online.
Patient Care Assistant II
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing direct and indirect nonprofessional nursing care or outreach services in a clinic, hospital, institution or home setting under nursing or medical supervision. This includes performing duties such as taking vital signs, obtaining labspecimens, charting, escorting patients, assisting with activities of daily living, and ordering and receiving supplies.
The functions performed in this job family will vary by level, unit and organization, but may include thefollowing:
• Performs direct nursing tasks including taking vital signs, assisting with activities of daily living and hygiene needs, and obtaining certain lab specimens.
• Charts observations and activities, reporting pertinent changes in the patient’s condition.
• Performs delegated or other specialized functions as educationally prepared.
• Escorts patients to and from various destinations.
• Assists in maintaining and providing a clean, safe environment.
• Orders, receives and stores supplies and performs basic clerical functions.
• Participates in follow-up activities and tracking clients, schedules appointments and performs otherrelated tasks.
• Provides case finding and recruitment of at risk persons for comprehensive health services.
Levels are distinguished based on the complexity of assigned duties, the level of expertise required for completion of work assignments, and the responsibility assigned for the supervision of others.
This is the career level of this job family where employees perform a full range of patient care duties or services under nursing or medical direction. This includes taking vital signs, obtaining lab specimens,assisting with activities of daily living, observing and charting patient information, and reporting appropriate information to supervisors. It may also include providing various outreach services to clients within the community.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of the English language in order to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; of public health services available to the community; of record keeping; of the techniques of interviewing, of basic nursing practices and techniques; of basic methods of sanitation and personal hygiene; and of medical terminology. Ability is required to record observations and activities, to follow oral and written directions; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; and to apply basic nursing techniques.
Education and Experience required at this level consists of one year of experience in providing patient care.
The Department of Veterans Affairs requires current certification in good standing by the Oklahoma State Department of Health as a (CNA) Certified Nursing Aide for Level I and II. Level III requires certification as a (CMA-A) Certified Medication Aide Advanced by the Oklahoma State Department of Health.
Some agencies may have determined positions in this job family to be safety sensitive as defined by 63 O.S. § 427.8.
Closing Date/Time: 8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM
Remote-eligible (Remote work is a type of flexible working arrangement that allows an employee to work from remote location)