The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
OSDH is seeking full time Patient Care Assistant III position providing support to Payne County Health Department. This is state employee position 34004270 governed by the Civil Service Rules, located in Stillwater, Oklahoma. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package
, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2022
. The annual salary for this position is up to $35,665.49 based on education and experience. Position Summary:
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing direct and indirect non-professional nursing care or outreach services in a clinic, hospital, institution or home setting under nursing or medical supervision. This includes performing duties such as taking vital signs, obtaining lab specimens, and charting, escorting patients, assisting with activities of daily living, and ordering and receiving supplies. Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
• Performs direct nursing tasks including taking vital signs, assisting with activities of daily living and hygiene needs, and obtaining certain lab specimens.
• Administer COVID-19 specimen collection to members of the community
• Support the overall COVID-19 testing process
• Work as a courier transporting specimen, supplies, and other necessary items.
• Charts observations and activities, reporting pertinent changes in the patient's condition.
• Performs delegated or other specialized functions as educationally prepared.
• Escorts patients to and from various destinations.
• Assists in maintaining and providing a clean, safe environment.
• Orders, receives and stores supplies and performs basic clerical functions.
• Participates in follow-up activities and tracking clients, schedules appointments and performs other related tasks.
• Provides case finding and recruitment of at risk persons for comprehensive health services. Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required at this level include knowledge of the English language in order to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability is required to record observations and activities, to follow oral and written directions, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Combination of office and exam offices. May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations. Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching. Ability to physically stand for several hours with good mobility (for reaching into vehicles). Use of N-95 respirator is required. Working in the health care community. Shall meet the physical examination requirements of occasionally lifting/carrying 50 pounds and able to push and pull a maximum force of 25 pounds. Travel Requirements:
Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position. A valid driver's license is required. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Three (3) years' experience in providing patient care.
Bilingual Speaker in English and Spanish, ability to communicate verbally and in writing with English/Spanish speaking respondents NOTES REQUIREMENTS:
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Closing Date/Time: 8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM