Description:Vice President and Chief Information Officer Classification Title:
Administrator IV Posting Details:
Review of applications, nominations, and expressions of interest will begin in August and continue until an appointment is made. For full consideration, apply by September 2, 2022. Please see full information below for application/nomination process. Hiring Preference:
Not Applicable Position Summary
The VP/CIO serves on the President's Cabinet, collaborating with the team to provide vision and leadership in the identification, prioritization, development and implementation of college-wide information systems and services, and to make recommendations on education technology programs and the associated infrastructure. The VP/CIO provides strategic direction for IT as it complements or directly impacts the University's academic, student and business strategies. The VP/CIO has executive responsibilities for the strategic planning, budget development, implementation, security, accessibility, compliance, and overall administration of the university's IT systems.
The VP/CIO will support teaching, learning, scholarship, and project management operations, as well as engage students, staff and faculty in the use of technology for its learning success enhancement. In total, the VP/CIO oversees a budget of $17 million and motivates a team of 101+ talented full-time staff and student employees.FLSA
: ExemptCSU Classification Salary Range
: $9,167 to $27,500 per month Hiring Range
: The salary is competitive and negotiable depending on the strength of qualifications. This is a California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP) position with an attractive package, which includes but is not limited to: a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month; 14 paid holidays; excellent choice of medical, dental, and vision insurance, long-term disability coverage, life insurance; and retirement benefits.Recruitment Type
: Regular (At-Will)Time Base
: Full-Time Work Hours
: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; variable schedule as needed.Department Information
The Division of Information Resources & Technology (IRT), guided by the University mission and campus imperatives
, partners across campus divisions to provide specialty support for the essential academic, business, and operational needs of the campus community. IRT helps to transform the Sacramento State experience for all faculty, staff, and students in the following departments: Academic Technology Center, Information Security, Service Desk, Desktop Services, Campus Applications, Enterprise Systems, Learning Space Services, Networking & Infrastructure, Operating Systems and Support, Project Management, Web & Mobile, and University Reporting & Data Services.
For more information on Information Resources & Technology, please visit: https://www.csus.edu/information-resources-technology/ Required Qualifications Education & Experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Master's degree from an accredited university is required however, years of relevant work experience may substitute for education requirement.
- Five (5) years of progressive experience in a collaborative senior IT leadership role in a large complex organization.
- Experience in leading IT strategic planning, complex budgeting, and personnel management.
- Record of successfully managing complex projects, technology innovation, and maintenance projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience engaging diverse stakeholder groups to set IT priorities, plan services, and develop policies.
- Demonstrate strategic vision, anticipate future trends and incorporate knowledge of successful applications of information technology to ensure information technology efforts align with campus-wide goals.
- Knowledge of leading IT practices in service management, resource management and project management.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies relevant to higher education in general and student success in particular.
- Broad technical expertise across IT disciplines.
- Effective collaborative leadership style that incorporates organizational, analytical and decision-making skills with strong change management, project management, and team building skills.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, and the ability to convey technically complex information and concepts in accessible terms.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to use diplomacy, inclusion, and consensus to inform the decision-making process.
- A history of serving as a visible leader who welcomes direct engagement and interaction with the ability to inspire and motivate teams;
- Strong financial management skills including ability to manage complex budgets with multiple funds sources including experience developing revenue streams through grants and corporate partnerships
- Customer service skills and proven commitment to promoting and maintaining a service-oriented culture.
- Demonstrated ability to create a positive team environment and lead, motivate, and develop staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusive excellence, diversity and collaborative leadership.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships in a diverse environment that embraces a strong model of shared governance.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the structure, operations, strategic objectives, regulatory issues and cultural environment of academia.
20. A Master's or Doctoral degree in information technology or related field from an accredited university.
21. Ten (10) or more years of senior IT leadership experience within higher education institutions.
22. Experience developing a strategy to recruit and retain a high performing staff with appropriate technical and non-technical competencies in a union environment.
23. Experience supporting a broad range of information services and systems within an academic institution.
24. Experience in working with and establishing external partnerships with information technology vendors and local community organizations.
25. Experience leveraging technology to achieve the most effective and efficient solutions to support teaching, student learning (both online and in classroom) and efficient business processes.
26. Experience deploying technologies to further the University's student success strategies including reducing the time to graduation.
27. Experience assessing, prioritizing, and mitigating information security risks and devising strategies to prevent and recover from disastersRequired Licenses/Certifications
N/A Application / Nomination Process
Review of applications, nominations, and expressions of interest will begin in August and continue until an appointment is made. For full consideration, apply by September 2, 2022. Applicants must submit: a current resume or curriculum vitae, a cover letter describing relevant experience and interest in the position, and a one-page diversity statement. Nomination letters should include contact information for the nominee. All applications and nominations will be handled in confidence.
Applications and letters of nomination should be submitted by email to:Alberto Pimentel, Managing Partner Emy Cruz, Partner
SP&A Executive Search
6512 Painter Avenue, Whittier, CA 90601
Refer to code: SacState-VPCIO
in subject line
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled