Definition and Class Characteristics
Nevada County seeks a Senior Clerk-Recorder Technician to manage the databases and processes that register voters, conduct elections and preserve the County's Official Records. The incumbent works in collaboration with the Registrar of Voters and executive management team, leaders in other county departments, state officials, and vendors to carry out essential functions. The Senior Clerk-Recorder Technician also manages up to 8 temporary election workers that assist in maintaining voter registration data. This position requires candidates to maintain professional working relationships with county staff, outside stakeholders, and the public.
Vital skills and knowledge for successful candidates include:
- Understanding the functions and operations of a County Clerk Recorder/ Registrar of Voters office and the laws, regulations, processes, and procedures governing its activities.
- Understanding the computer software and hardware used in the recorder and elections divisions of a County office, including its basic maintenance.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of leading work groups, including assisting in the completion of performance appraisals, training and development, documentation, recommending discipline and motivation.
- Computer applications including databases, importing files, writing queries and producing reports.
- Understanding, interpreting, and applying laws, rules, policies and procedures of election and Clerk-Recorder administration.
- Planning, organizing, and training the work of staff and seasonal workers in the use of elections and recorder divisions' software and hardware.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Effective problem solving, exercising sound independent judgment within general policy and procedural guidelines.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed during election season.
This is a full-time, fully benefited position. The County of Nevada offers an extensive benefit package including, but not limited to, CalPERS retirement, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, a flexible spending account (FSA), a dependent care account (DCA), a tuition reimbursement program, and a deferred compensation plan including 401(a), 457(b) and Roth options. We also offer flexible schedules and a telework option, depending on program needs!
Why the Nevada County Clerk-Recorder/Registrar of Voters? Our office is vital to our democracy and our community. We operate in a fast-paced environment and love to help our citizens. Our leadership values employee development and engagement, promotes open and transparent communication, sets us up to be a high-performing organization, and recognizes our contributions. We connect with the community, listen to them, and provide significant programming that people rely on.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Read the full job description here
.Closing Date/Time: 7/5/2022 8:00 AM Pacific