Position Information The Sonoma County Auditor-Controller-Treasurer-Tax Collector's Office seeks an experienced EFS Senior Business Systems Analyst to join our team! Starting salary up to $56.58/hour ($118,089/year), an additional $0.90/hour "Confidential" premium on top of the hourly pay rate, plus a cash allowance of approximately $600/month*
The Auditor-Controller-Treasurer-Tax Collector (ACTTC) Office provides a broad range of quality accounting, financial reporting, auditing, collection, financing, and investing services to County departments, agencies, districts, and the public. Its mission is to provide reliable and relevant financial services in an efficient, ethical, and effective manner to the citizens of Sonoma County while promoting fiscal responsibility and accountability. The Office is comprised of nine divisions, which are overseen by an executive management team that includes the Auditor-Controller-Treasurer-Tax Collector and three Assistants. ACTTC is staffed by 107 full-time employees and has an annual budget of approximately $167 million.
Reporting directly to the Enterprise Financial System (EFS) Manager, the EFS Senior Business Systems Analyst (SBSA) has lead functional oversight of the County's main financial accounting and reporting platforms: PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management, Sql Server Reporting Services and SimplerEFS reporting application, as well as the responsibility for understanding the capabilities of these applications. As an EFS SBSA, you will work with staff from the County Auditor Controller's office, General Services Purchasing, and fiscal officers in all County departments to understand their financial accounting and reporting business needs. Combining your functional and technical knowledge with your understanding of the software applications, you will work to develop technological solutions and will sometimes partner with information technology professionals to develop system enhancements.
As an EFS SBSA your responsibilities will also include:
- Utilizing knowledge of County policies, procedures, and business practices to understand organizational needs, and recommend more effective technology solutions in PeopleSoft, SSRS, and SimplerEFS
- Functional oversight/support of the technical configuration changes needed in PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Change Management applications
- Oversight of functional duties associated with researching, analyzing, designing, configuring, testing and maintaining PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Change Management applications
- Being a liaison between end users and IT professionals to implement required system changes and improvements, including convening and leading focus and power user groups comprised of many departmental representatives
- Serving in a lead role for large scale countywide initiatives that impact County financial systems, or rely upon data contained within the systems
- Remaining up-to-date on emerging technology changes to ensure that EFS systems are being utilized optimally to meet the needs of the County, and recommending when and what types of technical changes are necessary for the stable functioning of applications
The ideal candidate for this position will possess a familiarity and experience working with financial industry professionals, preferably in the public sector, and a proven ability to learn and oversee the maintenance and enhancement of software applications.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will also have:
What We Offer
- Experience effectively working in a collaborative team-oriented environment, with the self-motivation to successfully work independently
- The ability to read, interpret, comprehend, and apply complex technical and functional materials appropriately
- Experience with enterprise or departmental application support including PeopleSoft Financial and Supply Chain Management
- Ability to discuss and effectively communicate business processes, technical solutions, and information to non-technical individuals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
When you join the County of Sonoma, you become part of a challenging and rewarding work environment where you gain the satisfaction of knowing you're working to better your community. You can also look forward to flexible work arrangements and excellent benefits* including:
- A hybrid telework schedule that meets the needs of our staff, department operations, and the communities we serve
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance every year thereafter, until reaching the top of the salary range
- County paid 100% premium contribution for the majority of employee-only and employee + family health plan options
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance of up to $1,700 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment
*Salary is negotiable within the established range. Benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. Additional information can be found in the Salary Resolution (SalRes) and our Employee Benefits Directory .
This recruitment is being conducted to fill a Senior Business Systems Analyst - Confidential position in the ACTTC Office. This employment list may also be used to fill future full-time, part-time, or extra-help (temporary) positions as they occur during the active status of the list. Qualified County employees who wish to be considered for future positions should consider applying to this recruitment.
The Civil Service title for this position is Senior Business Systems Analyst. APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS REQUIRE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE BE COMPLETED. Minimum Qualifications Education:
Any combination of education, training and experience, which provides an opportunity to acquire the knowledge and abilities listed. Typically, possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, information processing, business administration, public administration, or a closely related field.Experience:
Typically, four (4) years of full-time or its equivalent experience analyzing business processes and information systems and managing complex business projects, which must have included three (3) years of design and project management responsibility for small and medium business applications.License:
Possession of a valid driver's license at the appropriate level including special endorsements, as required by the State of California, may be required depending upon assignment to perform the essential job functions of the position. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Knowledge of:
Principles and practices of project analysis and management on large business implementation or change management projects; methods of long-term strategic management and technical planning; business and financial best practices; methods of developing business process specifications; procedures and methods for testing business functions; principles and practices of producing effective project documentation; application software including presentation, spreadsheet and work processing applications; business systems applications in finance, and/or human resources; enterprise resource planning systems.Ability to:
Analyze, evaluate and integrate business processes and procedures; develop and document business and technical process, functions and procedures; apply the principles of business or public administration and marketing; coordinate and manage large groups of people from various business units or departments in business re-engineering projects; work closely with technical and business managers and staff in a teamwork setting; develop a solid understanding of departmental business processes and technology requirements; read and interpret a variety of technical manuals and instructions; respond to requests and inquiries from external groups and citizens, business and automated system users; employ high levels of independent judgment and decision-making in the process of problem resolution; prioritize and meet project timelines; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships.Selection Procedure & Some Helpful Tips When Applying
- Your application information and your responses to the supplemental questions are evaluated and taken into consideration throughout the entire selection process.
- You should list all employers and positions held within the last ten years in the work history section of your application. Be as thorough as possible when responding to the supplemental questions.
- You may include history beyond ten years if related to the position for which you are applying. If you held multiple positions with one employer, list out each position separately.
- Failure to follow these instructions may impact your competitiveness in this process or may result in disqualification.
Please visit Getting a Job with the County of Sonoma to review more detailed information about the application, examination, and department selection processes. APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS REQUIRE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE BE COMPLETED.Responses to supplemental questions will be scored using position-specific criteria. Please provide specific and detailed responses of a reasonable length to allow for a thorough assessment of your qualifications. Responses which state "See Resume" or "See Application" may be considered insufficient and therefore may not be scored.
The selection procedure will consist of the following examination:
An Application & Supplemental Questionnaire Appraisal Examination
(weight 100%). Each application and supplemental questionnaire will be thoroughly evaluated for satisfaction of minimum qualifications and relevance of educational coursework, training, experience, knowledge, and abilities that relate to this position. Candidates possessing the most appropriate job-related qualifications will be placed on an employment list and referred to the department for selection interviews. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
A background investigation is required prior to employment. Candidates referred to departments for a selection interview are typically required to sign authorization and release forms enabling such an investigation. Failure to sign prescribed forms will result in the candidate not being considered further for that vacancy. Reference information will not be made available to applicants.
Additional requirements, such as successful completion of a physical exam, drug screen, etc., may apply, depending on the duties and responsibilities of the position. If you receive a conditional job offer for the position, the requirements upon which the offer are contingent will be outlined in the conditional job letter. You may also review the Job Classification Screening Schedule to determine the requirements for this position. HOW TO APPLY
Applications are accepted online at: www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org . Paper applications may be submitted by person, fax (707-565-3770), email, or through the mail. All applications and appropriate supplemental information as outlined in the job bulletin must be RECEIVED by the time and date specified on the first page of this job announcement. Continuous recruitments may close without notice at any time that a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received. Applications received after the recruitment closes will not be accepted.
The County of Sonoma values diversity and is dedicated to creating a workplace environment that provides individuals with a sense of belonging. We are committed to having a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. The County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer where all aspects of employment are based on merit, competence, performance, and business need.
HR Analyst: JT
HR Technician: RRClosing Date: