CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the Head Women, the Assistant Coach Women's Soccer assists in developing a Division I competitive program.
• Evaluates and recruits qualified student-athletes, whose athletic skills allow the program to be highly competitive and whose academic abilities make them excellent candidates for a meaningful academic experience and graduate from CSUN.
• Supports the Head Coach by providing leadership and integrity to the program set forth by the Head Coach which includes, but is not limited to: creating, planning, organizing, motivating, communicating and controlling aspects relative to recruiting, practices, competitions, student-athletes, assistant coaches, and related booster clubs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution.
• Minimum of one (1) year of: demonstrated coaching and recruiting experience; and/or professional league playing experience; and/or experience which would provide adequate training to coach at the Division I collegiate level.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledgeable about and comply with NCAA regulatory policy governing their sport; as well as NCAA and conference policies governing recruiting, eligibility, ethical standards, playing seasons, and extra benefits.
• Ability to conduct themselves in a manner representative of the University, the Department, and the sport both on and off the field of competition.
• Demonstrated ability to recruit and retain outstanding student-athletes.
• Demonstrated commitment and ability to teach, mentor and work with a diverse student population.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification / grade: 2382 / Coaching Assistant
• The anticipated HIRING RATE is $5017 per month. The salary range for this classification is: $5017 - $6744 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
• TEMP: This is a Temporary-renewable position, end date to be determined.
• Applications received through July 4, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The selected candidate must pass a fingerprint clearance (Livescan).
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Remote-eligible (Remote work is a type of flexible working arrangement that allows an employee to work from remote location)
Los Angeles, California