The City of Weatherford’s Water Utility Department is looking to hire a Crew Leader for their construction/maintenance team. The Crew Leader will lead, assign, and assist crew members in the repair, installation and maintenance of water and wastewater lines. If you think you’d be a good fit, we would like to hear from you.Roles & Responsibilities Include:
- Operate various light and heavy equipment such as a tractor, front end loader, roller, track hoe and backhoe.
- Operate various hand tools such as shovels, wrenches etc; set and raise meter boxes and repair various piping.
- Conduct material estimates required to complete a project in an accurate manner.
- Read and interpret maps, blueprints, construction plans and engineering specification of the construction of water and wastewater lines.
- Ensures proper safety procedures are followed by personnel assigned to each job site.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent. • Three years’ experience in a construction setting and one year crew leader experience. • Must have a valid Class A Texas CDL Driver’s license. • Must have a valid TCEQ Class C Water license or the ability to obtain one within 180 days of employment. • Must have a valid TCEQ Class II Wastewater license or the ability to obtain one within 180 days of employment.
Applications must be submitted online for consideration. Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Candidates selected for employment will be required to pass pre-employment checks depending on the position requirements. Pre-employment checks could include, but not limited to criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The City of Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The City of Weatherford is a strong, progressive community of over 38,000 citizens, enjoying our small town feel with our big city amenities just outside of the Fort Worth Metroplex. We are expanding our team to continue our commitment and pride in our Strong Community philosophy as well as our inclusiveness and diversity.
Closing Date/Time: Open Until Filled