Primary Duties 3 Positions Available Minimum Starting Salary: $20.83
Under basic supervision, performs environmental health inspections for the Public Health District (PHD); protects the health and safety of the public from adverse environmental determinants. Essential Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs environmental health inspections and investigates complaints to verify compliance with state and local regulations; scope of work includes food quality and safety, wastewater treatment, solid waste management, air quality, water quality, insect and animal vector control, recreational and institutional facility inspections, consumer health and occupational health and safety.
- Organizes and presents training programs; applies and enforces statutes, regulations, ordinances and policies governing environmental health; prepares summary and status reports; assures that the services provided meet the program requirements.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
- May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City wide emergency.
- Driving is essential.
Physical Demands Medium Work:
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Health, Science, or a related field.
- Six months of inspection experience.
- Sanitarian registration requires 4 year Bachelors with 30 hours of Basic and Applied Science.
- Registered Sanitarian from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation is required within 2 years of hire date; additional technical training and certifications may be required.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.