Description: Position Summary
SDSU Global Campus strives to be a global leader in providing innovative education programs that transform lives locally and internationally. Our mission is to deliver innovative educational experiences to all learners through credit and non-credit academic and special programs for individuals and groups at various times, in myriad locations, and via different modalities throughout the year.
The Executive Director of Marketing (EDM) is responsible for creating innovative and effective marketing strategies to support the mission, vision, and strategic plan of SDSU Global Campus. The EDM reports to the Dean and drives the leadership for the Marketing Team working collaboratively with cross-functional teams within Global Campus, across the university and within the broader community. The EDM leads the marketing planning process and the efforts to evaluate and promote cost-effective marketing and promotion strategies for SDSU GC.
For more information regarding SDSU Global Campus, click here
This is a full-time (1.0 time-base) benefits-eligible, at-will position. This position is designated exempt under FLSA and is not eligible for overtime compensation. Standard SDSU work hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but may vary based on operational needs.
The individual hired into this role will work on-campus at SDSU in San Diego. Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in the field of marketing management with experience specifically in digital marketing in self-support continuing education.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
Compensation and Benefits
- Strong working knowledge of marketing systems, databases, and analytic support tools for managing and using various forms of customer/transactional data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to develop and administer a successful marketing plan
- Demonstrated leadership ability, creative and innovative problem-solving skills, and a strong commitment to service excellence. Ability to be proactive, flexible and collaborative as a team leader and membership of the SDSU GC leadership team
- Demonstrated ability to develop and monitor budgets
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
San Diego State University will offer a competitive salary based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. San Diego State University also offers a rich benefits package
SDSU COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
- Extensive Leave benefits: 14 paid holidays, 24 vacation days, and 12 sick days per year;
- Retirement security through a CalPERS defined benefit pension (with CalPERS and UC Retirement Plan reciprocity) and retiree healthcare benefits;
- An array of health, dental, and vision coverage at no-cost or low-cost to the employee; and
- California State University system fee reduction program (fee waiver) for the employee or their qualified dependent
In accordance with the California State University system-wide policy, students, faculty, and staff must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide a valid medical or religious exemption in order to access campus. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated for five months after their final dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or for two months after receiving the only dose of a single-dose vaccine. Afterward a COVID-19 booster is required to continue to be considered fully vaccinated.
The individual hired into this role will be required to submit their completed vaccination documentation to the university's secure online health portal prior to beginning work. Individuals with an approved medical or religious exemption on file with the university will be required to participate in SDSU's COVID-19 testing program.
Initial review of the required application materials, including cover letters and resumes, will begin on July 8, 2022. To receive full consideration, apply by July 7, 2022. The position will remain open until filled.
All management and executive employees shall be required to provide a written statement to the appropriate administrator of any and all outside employment. Employees shall also provide a written statement of outside employment if a written request by an administrator is made.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
San Diego State University is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions (e.g., H-1B visa). Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SDSU is a smoke-free campus. For more information, please click here
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Casie Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled