The Engineering Intern will provide support to engineering department staff on design and construction projects relating to water, wastewater, and recycled water. This includes providing support and feedback in the planning, analysis, and design of technical documents, plans, specifications, cost estimates, water quality data, and hydraulic modeling data. The selected intern will provide GIS support to engineering staff, conduct research and investigation, engineering calculations, and preliminary write-up of project reports and memos. WESA is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented Civil/Environmental Engineering student with strong communication and writing skills, who will support a diverse range of projects across multiple disciplines. This internship is a part-time position available year-round with flexible hours, not to exceed a yearly total of 999 hours or a maximum term of 12 months, paid at $20.00 per hour.
Immediate Impact: The successful candidate will be given the following objectives upon hire:
• Become familiar with the CIP process, the engineering processes, and develop figures using CAD or GIS.
• Learn how to process utility requests and record drawings.
• Assist in the development of Project Charters for the next fiscal budget. • Become familiar with the Water/Wastewater master plans.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Must be actively pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Transportation Engineering, or a related field.
• Computer experience is preferred.
• Demonstrates proficiency in GIS, Microsoft Office, and Water/Wastewater Systems. • Must possess a valid, California Driver's License.
Our Mission: To manage our natural resources to provide reliable, cost efficient and high quality water and wastewater services for the communities we serve, while promoting conservation, environmental responsibility, educations, community interaction, ethical behavior and recognizing employees as highly valuable assets.
The Water Employee Services Authority: WESA was established as a joint powers authority between the Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District and Meeks & Daley Water Company. As a joint powers authority, WESA provides professional water and wastewater services to both agencies. WESA is committed to:
• Professionalism-Demonstrating competency while maintaining a professional demeanor and upholding a reputation for expertise, efficiency, and high quality through delivery of information, services, and products.
• Enthusiasm-Possessing a strong drive for learning, innovation, forward thinking, and the overall desire to do your job well.
• Transparency-Demonstrating high moral standards in principles, intentions and actions; conduct that encourages loyalty, integrity, and trust.
• Inclusiveness-Promoting respect and teamwork through communication and appreciation for all.
• Stewardship-Taking ownership and responsibility for assigned responsibilities, while demonstrating a proactive, positive willingness to serve.The Application Process: If you are interested in this opportunity, submit a completed WESA employment application online at www.evmwd.com. Resumes and certifications may be included, but will not be accepted in lieu of a completed employment application. This position is open until filled. First review of applications will begin on Wednesday, June15, 2022.
For questions and inquiries, please contact: Jaime Huffman (951) 674-3146, ext. 8231; email@example.com
Remote-eligible (Remote work is a type of flexible working arrangement that allows an employee to work from remote location)
Lake Elsinore, California