About Our Job
The Denver Sheriff Department is the largest Sheriff Department agency in the state ofColoradoand is comprised of many divisions and diverse operations withover 1000 uniformed and non-uniformed staff members.These operationsinclude two separate jails, security for the District and County court systems, state inmate transportation, extradition duties, fugitive and K-9 units and security atDenver HealthMedicalCenter.
The Denver Sheriff Department is looking to fill three (3) Security Specialist Supervisor positions within the Department. These positions will be considered working supervisors, where their primary responsibility is to perform supervisory duties for Security Specialists and leading these employees in their work. In addition to their supervisory duties, they will be required to fulfill the duties of a Security Specialist as required by necessity and staffing demands.
The Denver Sheriff Department is a 24-hour operation, and this position requires shift work including nights, weekends and holidays. Shifts are Sunday - Wednesday or Wednesday - Saturday, with either an AM or PM shift assigned.
There is one (1) position located at the Denver County Jail, one (1) position at the Downtown Detention Center, and one (1) position that will float between the CCMF and the Lindsay-Flanigan Court House.
Successful candidates must complete and pass a background investigation that encompasses the applicant's employment and criminal history.
Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Acting as a liaison between uniformed staff and Security Specialists and fostering effective relationships between sworn and non-sworn personnel
- Training new staff members on applicable standards and regulations for the assigned work area
- Coordinating with the respective shift sergeant in planning, assigning and evaluating the work of staff members assigned to them
- Developing goals, documenting performance, providing feedback and formally evaluating the work of assigned staff
- Documenting causes for disciplinary actions, initiating letters of reprimands and making recommendations for disciplinary action
- Monitoring employee leave time and usage and approving leave requests
Our ideal candidate will :
- Have experience working with a diverse group of employees
- Be open minded
- Possess strong leadership and communication skills
- Have flexible working schedule
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you donot have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education Requirement: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience Requirement: Three (3) years of experience at the type and level of a Security Specialist.
- Education and Experience Equivalency: A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements.
- License/Certification Requirement: None
About Everything Else
CN3152 Security Specialist Supervisor
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Position Salary Range
$21.70 - $32.55
$21.70 - $27.13 per hour
Denver Sheriff Department
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.