About Our Job
We are offering a hiring bonus of $2,500 to new employees hired from this recruitment. The details of the bonus will be discussed at interview and/or offer. Note: The hiring bonus will not be applicable to current City and County of Denver employees.
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
D enver International Airport Field Maintenance team is looking for Airfield Pavement Marking Operators. Job duties for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Operates paint rigs, walk-behind, and hand-held street, runway, taxiway, aircraft parking or similar striping truck and equipment, which includes filling tanks with paint and reflector beads, ensures adherence to guidelines and standards governing placement of street markings, programs spray guns, operates gauges and paint pumps, thermal plastic, or similar durable markings, and uses optical pointer to ensure line accuracy
- Operates a variety of equipment used in the installation and maintenance of traffic control markings, to include but not limited to paint stripers, paint mixers, paint guns, line removers, forklifts, compressors, drill presses, post pounders, post pullers, grinders, and augers
- Inspects vehicle for loose parts, damaged or worn tires, proper air pressure in tires, and other items affecting its safe operation and completes a pre/posttrip inspection as defined by federal guidelines
- Observes on-board instruments while operating equipment and takes routine corrective action if malfunctions are indicated
- Places and removes barricades, cones, and other traffic control and safety devices in and around work areas for construction and maintenance projects in accordance with traffic regulation requirements
- Performs manual labor in construction, maintenance, or other work-related duties when not driving equipment to or operating it at the work site
- Assists in preventative maintenance of equipment by washing and servicing vehicles with water, oil andfuel, performs basic maintenance, and makes minor running repairs. May log, record, and create daily work reports for management
- Keeps trip records and logs, reports defects in the vehicle’soperations, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicle
- Responds to public inquiries in a courteous manner and provides information within the area of assignment
- Trains employees in the operation of street signs and pavement markings, and the use of related equipment
The position may not include all of the duties listed. However, the allocation of positions will be determined by the amount of time spent in performing the essential duties listed above.
We are looking for candidates for some or all the following skills and experience:
- Two years of experience installing a variety of pavement markings on parking lots, roadways, or airfields
- Team-focused work ethic that focuses on punctuality, flexibility, collaboration to assist others, and innovation
- Flexibleto work a variable schedule due to possible emergencies and in inclement weather
- Attention detail in the field and data entry
- Basic computer skills
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
- Experience: Three (3) years of experience operating medium sized, specialized equipment which must include two (2) years of experience operating large, heavy industrial equipment
- Additional appropriate experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirements
- Licensures/Certification(s): This job requires driving. Requires a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL "B") with appropriate endorsements at the time of application
- Equivalency: Additional appropriate experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirements
Shift Work / Snow Duties / Emergency Incidents: This position does require shift work as DEN is a 24/7/365 operation (includes nights, weekends and holidays). Mandatoryextended/additionalshifts arerequired.Excluding snow removal operations thisposition requiresten-hour days, four days a week with either aDay Shift(6:00 AM to 4:30 PM), Swing Shift (4:00 PM to 2:30 AM), or Graveyard Shifts (8:00 PM to 6:30 AM). 8%-12% pay differential depending on shift assignedand equipment operated.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.
About Everything Else
CJ1931 Equipment Operator III
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Position Salary Range
$21.70 - $32.55
Based on education and experience
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.