Description: Director of Administrative Operations
(Administrator II) Compensation and Benefits
The anticipated starting salary range is $90,000 - $100,000 and is competitive and negotiable depending on the strength of qualifications. This is a CSU Management Personnel Plan (MPP) position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here
Reporting directly to the Vice President for Administration, the Director of Administrative Operations will provide executive-level support to the Vice President for Administration and Chief Financial Officer and lead large scale strategic initiatives. The Division of Administration and Finances includes: Human Resources, Public Safety, Environmental Health and Safety/Risk Management, Facilities Management, Auxiliary Services, Procurement and Support Services, Accounting Services, and Title IX and Clery Compliance.. The incumbent provides administrative oversight of the offices of the Vice President for Administration.
This position serves as a member of the Vice President for Administration's senior management team and is committed to excellence, teamwork, innovative-thinking and exemplary service. The incumbent performs a wide range of executive and operational duties of broad scope and complexity requiring outstanding professional ability, exceptional organizational skills, mature judgment and a thorough knowledge of the academic, administrative and organizational structure of the campus. The incumbent is a key player in advancing the division's mission through analysis, assessment, creating, planning and executing the division budget, leading large scale strategic initiatives, events and activities and overseeing division and campus wide communications. In the execution of assigned initiatives, the incumbent may be delegated the authority to communicate with other key campus constituents on behalf of the VPA.Key Qualifications
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, coordinate and direct multiple projects and activities with varied deadlines; be a strategic and innovative thinker and effective in moving projects/assignments along.
- Ability to set priorities, manage workflow, track and coordinate highly detailed projects in a well organized, timely and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of principles of institutional planning and budget processes.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and make strategic business decisions.
- Commitment to confidentiality.
- Knowledge of shared governance, collective bargaining and collegial interaction within a university.
- A self-starter with strong organizational abilities, interpersonal skills, integrity and confidence.
- Ability to exercise initiative, flexibility, good judgment and discretion.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills with ability to effectively present.
- Ability to work in a collaborative campus environment with students, faculty, staff, and managers.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated experience in and/or commitment to working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of underrepresented groups.
- Knowledge of computer office systems and experience in using a broad range of technology, systems, and software packages (Microsoft software suite Google apps, social media).
- Experience training and facilitating diverse teams and stakeholders.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description
button above.Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year regionally accredited institution.
- Five years professional work experience in higher education.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years of experience in a lead/supervisory/management position demonstrating the capacity to successfully direct and lead a team.
- Master's Degree from a four-year regionally accredited institution.
The Division of Administration and Finance is a diverse, collaborative team that provides responsive and exemplary services and stewardship of university assets and resources. Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by July 24, 2022
will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click "Apply Now" to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references. Fresno State
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.Vaccination Interim Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate. policystat.com/policy/9779821/ latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled