Description: Department of Public Health
College of Health and Human Development
The Department of Public Health at California State University, Fullerton, invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Global Health and/or Public Health Administration and Management with appointment to begin Fall 2023.
The Department (with approximately 1,700 undergraduate and 60 graduate students) offers a B.S. in Public Health (with focus areas in health promotion and disease prevention, environmental and occupational health and safety, public health nutrition, and global health), and a Master of Public Health (with focus areas in health promotion and disease prevention, environmental and occupational health, and gerontological health). The Department offers multiple opportunities for research collaboration within and outside of its three research centers and across substantive areas and populations. Visit the Department of Public Health (http://hhd.fullerton.edu/pubh
) and University (http://www.fullerton.edu
) websites for additional information about our programs, offerings, and faculty.
California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) is a minority-serving institution and an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. CSUF is strongly committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum, and to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Candidates who can contribute to this goal through their teaching, research, advising, and other activities are encouraged to identify their strengths and experiences in this area. Individuals advancing the University's strategic diversity goals and those from groups whose underrepresentation in the American professoriate has been severe and longstanding are particularly encouraged to apply. Position
CSUF faculty are committed teacher/scholars who bring research and creative discovery to life for students in classrooms, labs, studios, and individually mentored projects. They teach broadly in the curricula of their departments, advise students, and serve on departmental and university-wide committees. The primary responsibilities of the person in this position will include the development and teaching of introductory and core courses in the discipline, and the development of courses in their area(s) of specialization. Specific courses that this person will teach include global health, health care systems, and/or public health administration and management. This person will also be responsible for producing scholarship and/or creative work commensurate with the requirements for tenure. The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute to and participate in the life and development of the department, advise students, serve on committees, and participate in the broader university and disciplinary communities. Required Qualifications
- Ph.D. or Dr.P.H. in Public Health, Global Health, or a related field by time of appointment
- Demonstrated ability or potential to provide high-quality undergraduate and/or graduate education and demonstrated ability or potential to teach courses global health, public health administration, and/or health services to students from diverse backgrounds
- Focused, ongoing, or potential for scholarly and creative activity in global health and/or public health administration and management
- Record of peer-reviewed publications and professional presentations commensurate with experience, and potential for obtaining external grants and funding
- Potential for leadership activities in professional associations
- The ability to work collegially with diverse faculty, staff, and students
- The ability to actively contribute through service to both the university and professional associations
- Educational background in public health administration and management
- Managerial experience with public health programs or public health organizations
- International field experience
- Health services research or practice experience
A complete on-line application must be received by electronic submission to be considered. To apply, please visit http://hr.fullerton.edu/careers/Faculty.php
, choose full-time faculty, search for position #515094
, and provide the following required materials:
- A letter of intent addressing the required and preferred qualifications listed above, including a teaching philosophy (including a discussion of teaching philosophy and courses most suited to teach), summary of teaching experience and training, service, and a brief overview of research agenda (submitted as a single pdf);
- A curriculum vitae;
- Three samples of teaching materials previously or currently used (or equivalent), such as course syllabus (if applicable), lecture, or lesson plan (submitted as a single pdf);
- Representative samples of scholarship (submitted as a single pdf);
- Statement on Inclusive Excellence (This statement provides your unique perspective on past and present contributions to promoting diversity, inclusion, and social justice in your professional career, including your aspirations to support CSUF's diverse student and surrounding community populations. Please discuss how you have addressed diversity in your teaching, research, and/or service such that the committee is able to assess your ability to contribute to our campus in these areas.);
- Unofficial transcripts (submitted as a single pdf);
- List of three references with relevant contact information.
- Finalists will be required to have three letters of recommendation submitted. Please have these ready for the referents to submit. On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. At the appropriate time in the search process, they will receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back into your applicant portal.
Please direct all questions about the position to: Joshua Yang, Search Committee Chair at email@example.com
or call 657-278-4384. Application Deadline
To be assured full consideration, all application materials must be received by November 1, 2022
. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. The anticipated appointment date is August 17, 2023. Additional Information
Multiple positions may be hired from this recruitment based on the strength of the applicant pool.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications, and is subject to budgetary authorization and any California State University System faculty contract increases. Summer research grants, moving expenses, start-up funds, and a reduced teaching load may be available. An excellent comprehensive benefits package is available that includes: health/vision/dental plans; spouse, domestic partner and dependent fee-waiver; access to campus child-care; and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system along with optional tax sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, please visit https://hr.fullerton.edu/total-wellness/
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083, revised July 21, 2017, as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be formally offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
Notice of Non-Discrimination on the Basis of Gender or Sex and Contact Information for Title IX Coordinator (http://www.fullerton.edu/titleix/about/notice.php)
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and requires hiring employees to perform CSU-related work within the State of California.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled