California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
- Build your future
- Work with the best
- Be your authentic self
- Focus on you
- Make a lasting impact
- Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
- Bring everything you are, become everything you want
Administrative Computing and User Experience (ACUx) is a department of the Information Technology Services (ITS) division. ACUx develops, provides support for, and manages various campus enterprise software applications on a variety of hardware platforms. Support is provided for all CSUSB Administrative Systems.
ACUx strategic plan cultivates functional and technical team members that thrive and succeed in a culture of change, involvement and continued learning. ACUx fosters the integration and adoption of enterprise software applications of today -- and tomorrow -- by engaging developers and administrative users together in various trainings that align professional growth with the IT strategic plan. ACUx teams excel as individuals while driving the campus toward an information rich technology vision of the future. Job Summary
Under minimal supervision of the Assistant Director, the incumbent will provide programming and systems support for all campus administrative departments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as Programmer/Analyst for the Common Human Resources System (CHRS)
- Serves as Campus PeopleSoft HR Programmer/Analyst, providing technical support for:
- Temp Faculty Module
- Position Management
- Application Security
- Workforce Administration
- Absence Management
- Labor Cost Distribution
- Benefits Administration
- GAAP Resolution Process Tracking
- Person of Interest (POI) Management
- Serves as Programmer/Analyst for Student Financials System, providing technical support for all users
- Serves as Programmer/Analyst for the Common Financial System (CFS) and Financial Data Warehouse
- PeopleSoft HCM/SA Maintenance Packs and CSUSB modifications
- Works closely with relevant ITS units and business units to design and implement data mappings and ETL data integration protocols between enterprise administrative systems, such as PeopleSoft, Dell Boomi, and Data Warehouse.
- Manage technical delivery throughout the full cycle of the business intelligence application projects including coding, testing, and debugging software applications.
- Analyze and develop systems and technology-based solutions to meet user needs including applications, databases, and related systems.
- Provide daily support and maintenance for enterprise administrative applications.
- Provide guidance in the area of system analysis for various departments/end-users and provide a system and technical support for locally developed and vendor-developed software.
- Maintain expertise in PeopleSoft data elements, processes, and reporting tools (including PeopleSoft queries, SQL, and reports); Develop PeopleSoft queries and processes as needed.
- Provide integrations to other ERP systems such as, but not limited to:
- Online Directory
- Simple K - Keys System Data Administrator
- Library ALMA Data Administrator
- Integration Broker Configuration and Support Administrator
- Cherwell HR Technical Support
- HR CSU Learn Support
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Full-time, Temporary, "exempt" position. Application Review Deadline:
This position will remain open until filled. The initial review of applications will begin on June 21, 2022.Required Application Materials
Candidates are required to attach a letter of application, curricula vitae/resume, a list of at least three (3) professional references. Work Schedule
- Generally, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Some weekends and evenings may be required.
Education and Experience
- Basic foundation of knowledge and skills in applications programming and systems analysis and related programming support functions is a prerequisite.
- Knowledge of relational database design.
- Ability to independently identify and solve complex production problems
- Ability to work with outside systems integration.
- Clear, positive, solution-oriented communication skills to translate user needs into effective technical solutions.
Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four (4) year institution in Computer Science or related field.
Minimum three (3) years of professional experience working with business intelligence applications and software.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a University environment.
- Experience in PeopleSoft data/ PeopleTools or other SIS.
- Experience in other ERP environments utilized in a university setting.
- Familiar with developing data integrations.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,372 - $5,860 per month
Classification Range: $4,372 - $10,792 per month Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs which further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values which discourage intolerance and discrimination.
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include, but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university. The president, in addition to a personal commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to effectively implement the philosophy and intent of this statement.Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled