Description: Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
California State University (CSU), Chico is a comprehensive and residential public university, holding Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) designation. Chico State operates as part of the 23-campus CSU system, which educates the most ethnically, economically, and academically diverse student body in the nation. The University enrolls over 15,000 students, with over half identifying as first-generation college students.
Chico State is committed to recruiting outstanding candidates who reflect the intersectional identities of our student body. The ideal candidate will embrace our values predicated on the primacy of student success and the elimination of equity gaps, have demonstrated experience working with diverse populations, and will contribute to policies, programs, and practices that support an inclusive, accessible, and equitable learning and working environment. Black, Indigenous, People of Color, veterans, and those with diverse abilities are encouraged to apply. Position Title:
Head Women's Track and Field Coach (Coach - Academic Year) Position Starts:
August 2022 Unit:
Intercollegiate Athletics Salary:
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Initial Review Date:
07/14/22; complete applications received after that date may be considered. How to Apply:
Applicants must provide a current cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references. All applicants must apply online, applications submitted via email or in-person to the department will not be considered. Position Summary:
Chico State is currently inviting applications for the position of Women's Track and Field Coach, with the working title of Head Coach, Women's Track and Field. The Coach will oversee the day-to-day operations of our successful NCAA Division II women's track and field program. This includes, but is not limited to, recruiting, preparation for practice and competition scheduling, team travel organization, athletic scholarships, compliance with all NCAA rules, and student-athlete welfare. The Coach will work with the student athlete success staff in fostering academic success for all student-athletes including graduation rates and retention of student-athletes. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two years of recent collegiate track and field coaching experience
- Willingness to coach specific events for both genders
- Knowledge of NCAA compliance rules and regulations
- No NCAA major violations
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to maintain/obtain a California Driver's License and campus defensive driving certification
- Ability to maintain/obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certification
- Master's Degree
- Experience coaching one of the event disciplines, not including distance events
- Experience coaching both genders
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate a commitment to diversity and/or intercultural competence with diverse groups that relates to coaching responsibilities
- Bilingual candidates will be given preference
- Management and administration of all activities related to the women's outdoor track and field program, including effective coaching in practices and competitions.
- Lead coach in a minimum of one of the event disciplines, not including distance events. Willingness to coach both genders.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with the men's track and field coach and cross country coach to build out a staff of assistant coaches for event coverage, shared facility use, competitive schedule development and administration of home events.
- Create and execute a recruiting plan to attract and retain top student-athletes.
- Promote student-athlete academic success, progress toward degree and graduation.
- Perform administrative duties efficiently and in adherence to CSU, University and department policies and procedures.
- Prepare and effectively manage annual operational, recruiting, and scholarship budgets.
- Work collaboratively with the athletic staff and campus community to contribute to the priorities of the department and campus.
- Conduct the program in strict compliance with all applicable NCAA and California Collegiate Athletic Association bylaws.
- Work collaboratively with Athletics Advancement Officer to cultivate relationships with alumni and other friends/supporters; participate in fundraising and public relations activities.
Chico State Athletics has a proud tradition of academic and athletic excellence, sponsoring 13 varsity sports, competing as a NCAA Division II institution as a member of the California Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA). For more information about the department, you may visit our Web site at http://www.chicowildcats.com
Job-related questions should be directed to:
Anita Barker, Executive Director of Athletics
Acker Gym, room 135, 530-898-6470
firstname.lastname@example.org Mandatory Vaccinations:
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully immunized against COVID-19 or have received a medical or religious exemption. Selected candidates should be prepared to comply with this requirement. Benefits Information:
This position qualifies for benefits including tuition fee waiver (if eligible). California State University, Chico offers a number of benefits to its employees (e.g., sick leave, vacation, health insurance). For more information, please visit https://www.csuchico.edu/hr/benefits/index.shtml
. Additional Information:
All work must be performed within the State of California.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 (revised July 21, 2017) as a condition of employment.
For disability-related accommodations, please call the ADA Coordinator at (530) 898-5959.
All positions are contingent on funding. About Chico State:
Graduate and undergraduate programs boast high-quality research experiences, exceptional faculty mentoring, and civic and global engagement opportunities. The campus motto, "Today Decides Tomorrow," is brought to life by inclusive pedagogy, experiential learning, and co-curricular programming. The Chico Experience prepares students to be critical thinkers, engaged citizens, and inspired stewards of environmental, social, and economic resources. Together, they will become leaders solving the challenges of the 21st century.
The campus is located in Northern California, 90 minutes from the state capital, Sacramento, and a three-hour drive from the San Francisco Bay Area. Chico offers year-round natural beauty, outdoor leisure activities, and a thriving arts, music, and events scene. We acknowledge and are mindful that California State University, Chico stands on lands that were originally occupied by the first people of this area, the Mechoopda, and we recognize their distinctive spiritual relationship with this land and the waters that run through campus.
California State University, Chico is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status and only employ individuals authorized to work in the U.S.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled