Description:Salary and Benefits
The starting salary placement depends on qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range of $3,400.00/month to $4,212.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability. About the Position
This position in the College of Education and Allied Studies will serve part-time as Lead Receptionist to the Education Administrative Support Collaborative, which offers administrative support to the Departments of Educational Leadership, Educational Psychology, and Teacher Education. This position will also serve part-time as Admissions Coordinator at the Credential Student Service Center.
The person occupying this position will perform a full range of clerical, secretarial, and general office support functions at varying levels of complexity. Projects are generally of limited to medium scope. Responsibilities
Credential File Maintenance
- Maintain applications (paper and/or electronic) in database for Teacher Education: Multiple/Single Subject, and Reading; Educational Psychology: Education Specialist, Pupil Personnel Services; Educational Leadership: Administrative Services; Communicative Science Disorders: Speech Language Pathology Services.
- Maintain accurate files of all program applicants and monitor submission of all required documentation for each applicant.
- Communicate with Graduate Admissions (Enrollment Services) regarding applicants' eligibility for admission to the University and to the respective credential programs.
- Assist with data reporting for internal, university, CTC and accreditation needs.
Coordinate the Credential Admissions Process
- Schedule faculty interviews with prospective candidates.
- Send correspondence to applicants detailing the interview process.
- Data entry of program information for tracking enrolled students and for reporting University statistics.
- Maintain credential files and materials for credential candidates.
- Prepare mass mailings to notify applicants of credential program admission decisions.
- Process transmittal forms in coordination with Graduate Admissions.
Coordinate Credential Student Outreach Events and Recruitment
- Organize, set up, and give oral presentations at Credential Information Sessions held in the evening at Hayward and Concord campuses. Remain on-site after Credential Information Sessions for Q & A.
- Review and update program brochures as needed.
- Stage materials for Ed Co-op and CSSC tabling events.
- Assist walk-in students, faculty, staff and guests
- Answer phones and email responding to requests for information on deadlines, recruitment, programs, documents in progress, etc.
- Verify correct completion of required forms and resubmit as needed.
- Correspond with students, faculty, department staff, and university personnel regarding status of documents in progress towards completion.
- Add students from waitlist.
- Open closed courses.
- Work with University services to ensure students/faculty have proper access to registered courses.
- Review and notify all eligible graduating candidates of their University Writing Skills Test (WST) status during their first term in the program; send notifications to Program Coordinators.
- Notify graduate students and Program Coordinators when students may apply for graduation, including deadlines and policy.
- Notify graduate students and Program Coordinators when a hold has been placed on their records that prevents them from applying for graduation.
- Verify all eligible students have applied for graduation and track their status in the electronic database.
- Communicate all graduation information with the University Graduate Evaluator, Program Coordinator and student.
- Complete major degree checks for each student verifying all course requirements and University requirements are met.
- Work with the Program Coordinator to address discrepancies student files and confirm approved units for transfer.
- Contact capstone clearance instructor and make arrangements to have capstone completion memos signed.
- Review student file. Include all relevant documentation, e.g., approved transfer units, department application requirement waivers, University application requirement waivers and University Writing Skills Test (WST) requirement verification.
- Complete the RLAA clearance form and obtain Coordinator's signature; submit to CSSC for processing of the Reading Literacy Added Authorization.
Requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Some positions may require a knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems
and software packages is also a prerequisite.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience. Preferred Skills and Knowledge
Condition(s) of Employment
- Ability to maintain a professional and customer service-oriented environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for a business environment.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and work under pressure professionally.
- Highly organized both in a physical and virtual environment.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly detail-oriented in communication and follow-up; virtually, physically, and verbally.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload effectively and efficiently.
- Strong computer skills understanding intermediate computer knowledge base and typing ability. (i.e., scanning, email, virtual environments, and file management in a virtual setting).
- Ability to design, layout, proof, and add graphics to documents.
- Proficient in the following programs: Excel, Google Sheets, Word, PowerPoint, Gmail, Google Calendars and various web browsers.
- Knowledge of the following programs: PeopleSoft, Survey Monkey, and Publisher.
- Knowledge in the use of the following types of equipment: Copy machines, Scanners, Fax Machines, Computer PC and MAC platforms, USS drives, digital cameras, and multiple line phone systems.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the University Police Department. EEO Statement
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body. Other Information
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html Sponsorship
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions and we are not an E-Verify employer. Mandated Reporter
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat. com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled