SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Configuration Management Manager will administer the PTC Configuration Management Program.TO APPLY:
This is a continuous recruitment with the first review of applications beginningJuly 14, 2022.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS
This job description is not part of a job series.SUPERVISION EXERCISED AND RECEIVED
- Receives oversight from Senior Manager, director, and executive level management
- Responsible for task monitoring of special services employees, interns or consultants
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The duties listed below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
- Review, track, and control software releases, hardware components and documentation for the PTC systems.
- Collaborate with Senior Manager, Technical Services to sustain the PTC Configuration Management Program for back office, onboard, communication network, network management system, computer aided dispatch system, waysides, signal system, track database, customer information system and highway rail grade crossings.
- Maintain the PTC system operational baseline.
- Conduct version control and system compatibility review of change requests.
- Manage baseline comparisons and configuration status accounting.
- In collaboration with SCRRA subject matter experts, lead the team responsible for reviewing, examining and approving change requests to the PTC system.
- Oversee system anomaly reports, working with SCRRA PTC subject matter experts and technical leads on status and close out, support discrepancy reporting.
- Participate in a hierarchy of change control meetings and work closely with multiple disciplines, host and tenant railroads, designers, vendors, consultants, and contractors.
- Produce reports to communicate PTC CM progress, action status, nonconformance, and discrepancies.
- Conduct periodic reviews and audits of PTC Asset Management and PTC Configuration Management Programs and propose process improvements.
- Review, develop and modify Configuration Management policies and procedures for PTC.
- Participate in processes to track status of test reports primarily in support of software or hardware updates for PTC.
- In collaboration with Purchasing, Contracts, and Contract Compliance, develop request for proposals, scope and engineer's estimates for task orders, material procurement or job orders for PTC.
- Perform site visits of rehabilitation and construction projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of work experience performing similar job duties as described above, including prior knowledge of direct knowledge working with configuration management tools.
- Proven work record of effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment with close attention to detail.
- A combination of training, education and or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered when determining minimum qualifications. Advanced relevant coursework may also substitute for a portion of required experience.
- Valid Class "C" California driver's license with a satisfactory driving record of no more than 3 moving violations and no DUI's within the last 3 years.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prior work with IBM Engineering Workflow Management
Knowledge of :
- Commuter railroad, track, signal, train control, PTC and communication systems.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong and effective, leadership, communication, presentation, team building and time management
- Creative problem-solving
- Strong attention to detail
Ability to :
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to individuals and groups at all levels within and outside of the organization
- Interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Think critically and creatively
- Organize and efficiently manage time and materials
- Transition between a stationary position at a desk or work location and move about Metrolink facilities or other work site locations
- Operate tools to perform the duties of the position; such as computers, office equipment and work-related machinery
- Transport equipment or boxes up to 25lbs
- Exchange ideas by means of communication
- Visual acuity to detect, identify and observe employees or train movement and any barriers to movement when working on or near railroad tracks
- Hear and perceive the nature of sounds when working on or near railroad tracks
- Balance, ascend/descend, climb, kneel, stoop, bend, crouch or crawl within assigned working conditions and or locations
Position requires work in a normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, or temperature. Work may also be conducted in outdoor environments, at construction sites, Railroad Track and Right-of-Way environments, and warehouse environments, with possible exposure to individuals who are hostile or irate, moving mechanical parts, and loud noises (85+ decibels, such as heavy trucks, construction, etc.)
Southern California Regional Rail Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Authority will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION Selection Process:
Following a review of resumes and/or applications, the most highly qualified candidates will be invited to continue in the selection process. Eligible applicants will be notified of the exact time and place of assessments and interview. Candidates will be interviewed to determine their relative knowledge, skills and ability in job related areas. Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a reference check, including degree verification and criminal records check provided through SCRRA.
Internal Candidates: Employees with active discipline as defined in the HR Policy No. 5.3 Positive Discipline Program and/or with performance that does not meet the standard for "meets expectations" as defined in the Performance Planning and Appraisal Process may be precluded from consideration and placement in the position.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the SCRRA will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
The SCRRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/ADA