Budget and Personnel Analyst Classification Title:
Administrative Analyst/Specialist Exempt II Posting Details
Priority Application Deadline: (Posting will remain open until filled): Monday, July 18, 2022 at 11:55 p.m. Hiring Preference
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2,5,7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment. Position Summary
The Budget and Personnel Analyst (BPA) in the Dean's Office of the College of Arts & Letters, provides lead guidance, strategic planning, analysis, monitoring, and problem solving related to all personnel, financial, administrative and operational functions of the College. As the College's principle resource analyst, the BPA utilizes extensive expertise independently and collaboratively to advise and consult with the Dean in all matters pertaining to fiscal and personnel resources. The BPA serves as the principle resource for, and provides leadership to, departmental lead staff across the College. The position is expected to make recommendations and independently develop creative and effective systems, policies, and procedures to guide, account for, monitor, and evaluate a complex range of activities with broad impact across the College.
The incumbent has extensive knowledge of a wide range of College and University policies and procedures, and collaborates with colleagues from across the campus community, external partners, and vendors. The incumbent works independently to meet short and long-term strategic goals, targets, and deadlines, and utilizes strong organizational skills to plan, coordinate and prioritize a large volume of complex and varied range of duties, while maintaining strict confidentiality. The position is responsible for the analysis of issues and problems related to personnel, fiscal, and administrative operations in the College and for leading innovative solutions to address them.
The BPA serves as a primary contact and liaison between the Dean's Office and other Sacramento State campus offices, particularly the Division of Academic Affairs, Office of Faculty Advancement, and Human Resources in matters related to personnel, fiscal, administrative operations for the College and the University.FLSA
: Exempt (not eligible for overtime compensation under FLSA) This position is benefits-eligible.CSU Classification Salary Range
: $4,693 - $8,489 per month Hiring Range
: $4,693 - $5,600 per month Salary Grade/Range
: 3Recruitment Type
: Regular (probationary) Time Base
: Full-Time Pay Plan
: 12 month Work Hours
: Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm; Weekend and evening hours as needed This is an on-site position.Department Information
The College of Arts & Letters engages faculty, staff, and students in the creation and study of what makes us human and what humans make. Our students acquire diverse, intercultural competencies and a keen awareness of the past while they pursue the promise of the future. We are a proud part of Sacramento's growing creative economy and cultural vibrancy.
The College of Arts & Letters prepares students for success in an inclusive society by empowering them to take responsibility for their educational growth, explore their own sense of purpose, and engage communities as critical and creative thinkers; by valuing student skills and competencies to bridge the gap between college and career; and by streamlining their path toward graduation. Minimum Qualifications
Entry to this classification requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a welcoming and inclusive work environment with diverse colleagues and constituents including faculty, students, staff, and members of the community.
- Demonstrated history of and commitment to building and maintaining a respectful and professional work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a large, complex, and diverse environment.
- Extensive experience administering budgets, contracts and personnel transactions.
- Demonstrated skills in organization, planning, prioritization and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and judgment on confidential matters.
- Experience managing a multi-million-dollar budget, consisting of multiple sources of revenue and expenditures.
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze, and summarize complex financial and/or personnel information to formulate recommendations, generate projections, and present these to various stakeholders.
- Extensive experience which demonstrates a high level of knowledge in reconciling various financial accounts.
- Extensive experience with purchase orders, vendor contracts, invoicing and reconciling transactions.
- Experience implementing accounting, budgeting, and planning best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to identify complex problems and to innovate create and effective solutions.
- Experience providing lead work direction, planning and leading effective meetings, conducting training, and orienting department lead staff.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and provide leadership, delegate responsibility, and assume accountability for results for day- to-day operations.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and work in various situations where numerous and diverse and often overlapping demands are involved.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently and strategically to develop and implement systems for fiscal, personnel, and resource management, as well as assessing their effectiveness.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills (e.g. write and present reports, generate directives, interpret and convey policies and procedures, etc.).
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) to create integrated spreadsheets, databases and documents to convey complex financial information.
19. Experience using Financial Data Warehouse, CMS/CFS, and Cognos.
20. Working knowledge of University infrastructure, policies and procedures and administering budgets and personnel transactions in a University setting.
21. Experience overseeing grants, gifts, scholarships and trust funds within higher education.Required Licenses/Certifications
N/A Documents Needed to Apply
Resume, cover letter. Failure to upload these documents to the online application may result in disqualification. About Sac State Sacramento State
is located in the heart of California's capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the "Farm-to-Fork Capital," is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State's 31,000 students come not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission: " As California's capital university, we transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service, and success. Sacramento State will be a recognized leader in education, innovation, and engagement. " As the regional hub of higher education, Sac State is dedicated to student success, diversity, equity and inclusion, community engagement, philanthropy
, and campus safety
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code
, Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit the Why Sac State
? page.Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. One variation of background check required could be a LiveScan screening, which involves submitting fingerprints at a certified LiveScan Service Center. COVID-19 Vaccine Certification Information:
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Out of State Employment Policy
Sacramento State University, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees (up)on date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy
prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California. Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/internal/your-hr/benefits/reasonable-accomodation.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit https://www.csus.edu/compliance/hr-compliance/mandatory-dhr-training.html
. Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union. Eligibility Verification
Selected candidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency (i.e. H-1-B Visa). Note to Applicants:
Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview unless required by collective bargaining agreement.Conflict of Interest:
The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, an on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled