Summary WORKING FOR THE CITY OF MCKINNEY
Working for the City of McKinney is more than a job. It is an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. It is also an opportunity to have a hand in the development of one of the fastest growing communities in the nation. In 2014, our community was names "The #1 Best Place to Live in America." Although proud of that honor, everyone on our team is committed to making McKinney an even better place to live, work and raise a family. That's why we exist. OUR CORE VALUES
City of McKinney employees work hard and at a very fast pace. However, we also look after and support one another. All of us are guided by four employee-generated values - Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (RISE). We are also supported by servant-based leaders who foster and support a healthy, family-oriented culture. All new employees are expected to embrace and live by our core values and commit to helping us sustain our exceptional work environment. SUMMARY OF POSITION
General Supervision is provided by the Meter Reading Crew Leader. The Meter Maintenance Technician will read water meters and accurately record consumption; to maintain meters and meter boxes; to replace meters; and to deliver disconnection notices to customers. Essential Functions/Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities GENERAL EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
In order for us to continue to achieve our primary function of making McKinney a better place to live, work, and raise a family, we hold these expectations for all employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn and demonstrate an understanding of how team, department, and City goals are interconnected.
- Contribute to a positive work culture.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to assess his/her work performance or the work performance of the team.
- Contribute to the development of others and/or the working unit or overall organization.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team, to demonstrate team skills, and to perform a fair share of team responsibilities.
- Ability to continuously learn and develop through a mix of internal and external training opportunities, and if applicable, encourage subordinates to do the same.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND BEHAVIORS
- Read water meters (MINIMUM OF 700 PER DAY) and maintain a high level of accuracy (99.9% MONTHLY) in a timely manner for billing customers.
- Installs meters and meter boxes, including digging holes.
- Disconnects water service on delinquent accounts.
- Audits meters for accuracy.
- Maintains clean tools and job sites.
- Provides professional service to external and internal customers.
- Responds to after-hours and weekend requests for service/emergency situations.
- Drives to and from work locations as assigned by Crew Leader or Supervisor.
- Complies with City policies and procedures to include work schedule and attendance policies.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to embrace and embody the City's core values of Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (R.I.S.E.)
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors, subordinates, and people to whom service is provided.
- Ability to produce desired work outcomes, including quality, quantity, and timeliness.
- Ability to plan and organize work, time, and resources, and if applicable, that of subordinates.
- Skill in the installation, maintenance and reading of water meters to include fire hydrant meters
- Skill to investigate, locate and repair water meter leaks.
- Knowledge of ways to identify occupational hazards.
- Knowledge of standard safety practices.
- Skill to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate control and a pleasant demeanor in challenging situations.
- Skill to analyze accounts and develop an approach to problem resolution.
- Skill to perform mathematical computations that produce reliable results.
- Must have a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Ability to speak and deal tactfully with others and exhibit a willingness to share information.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Ability to demonstrate a collaborative and flexible style, especially during times of change.
- Ability to be an effective communicator with strong oral and writing skills.
- Ability to work under time pressure and problem solve.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Two (2) years meter service experience to include the reading, installation, maintenance and repair of water meters. A valid driver's license is required. Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen. Any work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
One (1) year of experience in water meter reading preferred. CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
• Valid Texas driver's license.
• Pass background check, drug screen, and physical.Physical Demands/Supplemental PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Tasks involve the ability to exert heavy physical effort with greater emphasis on stooping, kneeling, crouching, lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of heavy weight (25-100 pounds). Some tasks require visual, odor, and sound perception and discrimination. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Exposure to certain environmental conditions will be necessary to perform the essential functions of this job. They include, but not limited to heat/cold weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and roadway traffic hazards.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed as of the date of preparation and approval. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and all requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The City of McKinney is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to an alcohol / drug free workplace and to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous