Salary: $22.81/hour - $30.40/hour (in accordance to CBA) USD
Apply By: Dec 30, 2022
The Utility Worker reports to the Utility Maintenance Supervisor and is responsible for safely cleaning, maintaining, and servicing all transit vehicles and maintenance facilities for the San Mateo County Transit District (SamTrans).
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform cleaning and washing of exterior, undercarriage, and interior buses.
- Perform fueling and check fluid levels (i.e. coolant, engine and transmission oil) before transit vehicles go into service.
- Safely drive and park buses and other district vehicles on and off operating bases.
- Inspect district vehicles during servicing and report defects and damages to Mechanic or Supervisor.
- Assist mechanics with minor repairs and adjustments for heavy-duty diesel vehicles.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Cleaning duties includes sweeping, mopping of floors and vacuuming of seats and upholstery using cleaning equipment.
- Dust and wash windows, mirrors, interior glass, window casing and tracks, blinds, ledges and overhead compartments.
- Clean areas other than vehicles including maintenance facilities.
- Follow company policy and California Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) safety regulations.
- Properly clean and maintain equipment and work areas.
- Document service information in vehicle service records.
- Work schedule may consist different shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays at any of two District operated facilities (North Base - South San Francisco and South Base – San Carlos).
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees, District property, and the public from injury or harm. Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION: Works under the general supervision of the Utility Maintenance Supervisor, who establishes goals and objectives, monitors and evaluates performance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Sufficient education, training and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Experience in the daily servicing and cleaning of transit equipment is preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and present a Class “B” Commercial Driving Permit (with Passenger Transport Endorsement and Air Brakes) on the first day of employment.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must possess a valid Class C California Driver’s license with a safe driving record.
SELECTION PROCESS MAY INCLUDE: The selection process may consist of an evaluation of the applicant’s qualifications, panel interview, practical exercise and/or internal Department interviews. Upon completion of the selection process, an offer of employment may be conditionally based upon the successful completion of employment and education verification, physical and drug test and criminal background check.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please visit the www.samtrans.com/about-samtrans/jobs. This is a continuous recruitment until filled with first cut-off date of July 22, 2022. Complete an online employment application. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities upon request. If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at (650) 508-6308 or email written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SamTrans celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace environment. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
For additional information on SamTrans benefits, please visit,www.samtrans.com/about-samtrans/jobs
Holidays: Seven paid holidays, plus up to four floating holidays per year
Paid Time Off: Up to 21 days (PTO) per year (in accordance to CBA)
Cafeteria Plans: Medical, dental, vision care, group life insurance and more
Transportation: Free Bus Transportation for employees and qualified dependents
Pension: Social Security and California Public Employees Retirement Systems (CalPERS)
- Classic Members – 2% @ 60 benefit formula, 3 year average of highest compensation
- New Members – 2% @ 62 benefit formula, 3 year average of highest compensation
San Carlos, CA /, South San Francisco, California