About Our Job
This is a part-time position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits. Part-time positions may have routine or variable work schedule.
Denver Parks and Recreation's Fitness division serves all fitness levels through a variety of services led by more than 100 fitness professionals. Services include over 200 group fitness classes offered citywide, as well as specialized programs such as Boot Camps, personal training, youth fitness and personalized nutrition programs to promote wellness for Denver citizens. To learn more about Denver Parks and Recreation's Fitness division, please visit Fitness & Personal Training webpage .
Denver’s Fitness team is looking for energetic, reliable, and fun Indoor Cycling Instructors to join the team.
- Develop exercise programs designed for a variety of levels and lead clients/participants through workouts in individual, small group, and/or large group settings
- Demonstrate appropriate modifications of exercises
- Assist in participant recruitment, retention, program marketing, and special events
- Provide professional, safe, and effective demonstrations while offering ongoing motivation and feedback to clients
- Create enthusiastic and energetic workout environments while providing specific emphasis on proper execution of movements
- Meet the outstanding customer service standards of Denver Parks and Recreation
- Keep current on all certifications and industry practices
- Show a willingness to answer questions and utilize positive conflict resolution skills
- Maintain a clean and safe orderly work area
- Comply with employee procedures and expectations as detailed in the employee manual
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
We are looking for knowledgeable and enthusiastic Spin Instructors who can provide engaging programming, with an eye for safety and fun! Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Current certification by anationally recognized organization(such as but not limited to: ACE or AFAA) ORa currentspecialty fitness certification(such as but not limited to Spin, Cycling, Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, or Essentrics®) by anationally recognized organization
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
- Industry relevant experience as a Spin Instructor
We realize that your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
- Experience Requirement: None
- Education/Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirement
- License/Certifications: Certification as an instructor and/or trainer in yoga, step aerobics, kick boxing, boot camp, hip-hop, interval training, sports performance, strength training, Pilates, Zumba, indoor cycling, core conditioning or any fitness area by a nationally recognized organization
- Requires certification in CPR/First Aid at the time of application or within six months hire date
- Licensure and certification must be kept current as a condition of employment
About Everything Else
RG2111 Fitness Instructor Certified
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Position Salary Range
$20.51 - $28.20
$20.51 - $23.00/hour
Parks and Recreation
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.