Under supervision, Clinical Nurse II apply the theoretical concepts of nursing to clinical practice by performing routine patient care assignments and established nursing policies and procedures in controlled patient care situations.
New Graduate Nurses do not meet the requirements for a Clinical Nurse II. Clinical Nurse II
applicants would meet the employment standards by possessing a valid California Registered Nurse License and at least 1 year of recent acute care experience. Apply for Clinical Nurse III
if you have more than 3 years of recent acute care experience. COVID-19 Risk Tier - Higher Risk Clinical Nurse II - Critical Care
Prefer experience in Critical Care and completion of a Critical Care Training program.
Position available in critical care units at each hospital include:
Saint Louise Regional Hospital - Mixed Intensive Care Unit
O'Connor Hospital - Mixed Intensive Care Unit
Valley Medical Center - Medical Intensive Care Unit
Valley Medical Center - Cardiac Care Unit
Valley Medical Center - Surgical Intensive Care Unit
Valley Medical Center - Trauma Intensive Care Unit
Valley Medical Center - Burn Unit
Float Pool The eligible list will be used for future openings within this competency area. The competency area includes the units listed above.
Better Health for All!
The County of Santa Clara owns and operates a Hospitals and Clinics Delivery System that includes Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, O'Connor Hospital, and St. Louise Regional Hospital.Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
- 731 bed tertiary level acute care hospital provides the highest level of adult and pediatric emergency medical and trauma services, a regional high risk Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, an ACS-verified Burn Trauma Center, a Primary Stroke Center, a CARF-accredited Rehabilitation Center, emergency and acute inpatient psychiatric services, as well as a range of other specialized services - in some cases the only such treatment in the region.O'Connor Hospital
-358 bed acute care facility offering a full range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty programs to more than 1 million residents of San Jose. O'Connor Hospital was founded in 1889 as one of the first hospitals in Santa Clara County.St. Louise Regional Hospital
- 93 bed acute care facility, affectionately known as South County's community hospital, is a Designated Primary Stroke Center, and is the only acute care hospital in the area. Located in Gilroy, St. Louise is one of the largest employers in the community.Learn more about us and follow us on: Twitter I @scvmctalent Website I Santa Clara Valley Medical Center I O'Connor Hospital I St. Louise Regional Hospital
Facebook I Santa Clara Valley Medical Center I O'Connor Hospital I St. Louise Regional Hospital
LinkedIn | Santa Clara Valley Medical Center I O'Connor Hospital I St. Louise Regional Hospital
Job Subscription | Sign Up
Typical Tasks Assessment
- Interviews patient and/or family to obtain data for nursing assessment, records and reports data;
- Utilizes assessment data to formulate nursing diagnosis;
- Applies knowledge of normal parameters; identifies deviation from normal, obvious patient problems, symptoms, and/or behavioral changes. Reports these to the appropriate authority;
- Makes observations about physical, psycho-social, cultural, learning needs and response of patient and families; documents in a clear, concise manner.
- Identifies patient care problems and establishes priorities for care based on nursing and medical diagnosis;
- Understands goals and plans of care, for the usual patient population;
- Initiates a patient care plan and collaborates when appropriate;
- Contributes to the revision of the initial patient care plan dependent upon the changing needs of the patient;
- Contributes to the development of unit standards of care;
- Plans patient teaching activities.
- Establishes priorities and gives nursing care based on the patient care plan;
- Implements the patient care plan;
- Seeks supervision and guidance in further developing nursing skills, in performing procedures not yet mastered and/or in functioning in unfamiliar situations;
- Accepts accountability for all nursing care provided;
- Monitors compliance with safety standards and care protocols for self and others;
- Records nursing care given and patient's response to care;
- Assists in coordinating the activities needed to implement the patient care plan;
- Participates in implementation of patient discharge plan;
- Teaches patient and families;
- Compiles with external and internal regulations pertaining to nursing practice; recognizes legal and ethical duties and responsibilities of registered nurses.
- May participate in research projects.
- Evaluates the patient's response to care provided;
- Communicates evaluation outcomes;
- Evaluates teaching provided by self and others.
Possession of the legal requirements to practice as a Registered Nurse as determined by the California Board of Registered Nursing; and knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position as indicated above.Experience Note:
A candidate typically would acquire the qualifications listed for this position by possessing a valid California Registered Nurse license and at least one year of recent acute care experience.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.