: Assistant Softball Coach
Part Time (.70) with Benefits
San Francisco State University
12 month appointmentRESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for assisting the head coach in all phases of operating a successful NCAA Division II Softball program in the competitive California Collegiate Athletic Conference (CCAA). Responsibilities include planning and conducting daily practice; preparation for competition; assisting the head coach with the academic support for current student-athletes; fundraising, purchasing, travel coordination and budget management; instruction of an intercollegiate athletic class; recruiting coordination; prospect evaluation, database management, and correspondence; and other duties as assigned by the head coach, senior associate athletic director or athletic director. Position is required to comply with NCAA, CCAA, CSU, and University rules and regulations.DUTIES:
- Act as lead instructor/coach in the absence of the Head Coach.
- Recruit quality prospective student-athletes and ensure timely submission of their academic records for admissions.
- Participate in recruitment and designation of scholarship athletes with the SFSU values of diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity at the forefront.
- Plan coaching and practice sessions in accordance with NCAA and CCAA Conference regulations.
- Coach team members individually and in groups, and demonstrate game techniques. May manage a designated skill development area or group of positions (i.e. Pitchers, catchers, point guards, setters, sprinters, etc.)
- Develop, teach and recommend game strategy and position assignments.
- Coordinate with athletic trainers for scheduling of preparation, treatments, and rehabilitation programs for student-athletes
- Coordinate the hiring and assignments of student managers.
- Train any volunteer coaches and staff.
- Monitor the purchase of uniforms, equipment and supplies, including accountability for expense control and administration of the sport's budget.
- Coordinate with the Athletic Business Office the planning of recruiting and team travel.
- Participate in the selection and fitting of team equipment.
- Promote the athletic program and specific sport through community events, public speaking, fundraising, and marketing.
- Ensure adherence to all NCAA, Conference, and University rules by athletes and supporting staff.
- Complete NCAA Compliance, TIX Compliance, and Sexual Assault Prevention trainings and modules as assigned.
- Monitor academic progress and status of team members, implementing action plans through appropriate staff when needed.
- Monitor and maintain the discipline and conduct of student athletes to support the personal growth of the individual student-athlete and preserve the image of the University.
A bachelor's degree is required. Preference will be given to candidates with previous coaching experience at a collegiate institution.SALARY:
Assistant Coach Classification ($3,511.90 per month). Position includes health benefits and participation in CalPERS retirement program. THE UNIVERSITY:
San Francisco State has a historical tradition of diversity, innovation and leadership. Since 1899, SFSU has offered 100+ years of opportunity, academic excellence and creativity. SFSU is a community of 33,000 students, 1,600 faculty and 1,400 staff.
Since 1929, SFSU has sponsored intercollegiate athletics with the intent of providing support for academic excellence, personal development, and service to the community, career development and athletic excellence. Gator Athletics is committed to providing successful and equitable opportunities for our diverse student-athlete population and is committed to supporting an inclusive environment for all students, staff, and faculty/coaches. SFSU is a Division II member of the NCAA and sponsors 13 sports: men's baseball, men's basketball, women's basketball, men's cross country, women's cross country, men's soccer, women's soccer, women's softball, men's outdoor track and field; women's indoor track and field, women's outdoor track and field, women's volleyball, and men's wrestling. SFSU is a member of the California Collegiate Athletic Association in all sports except wrestling which is a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference.APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
When applying, please submit a cover letter, detailed resume and three professional references.CLOSING DATE:
The position will remain open until filled. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
San Francisco State University is an EOE/ADA employer and has a strong commitment to diversity.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled