Position Description Monthly Salary :
Water/Wastewater Specialist II: $5,039.67 - $6,125.17
Water/Wastewater Specialist III: $6,053.67 - $7,360.17 Scheduled Salary Increase : 3% effective 9/19/22 APPLY IMMEDIATELY AS THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE ONLY
Fresno County's Department of Public Works and Planning
is offering an exciting career opportunity for motivated and dedicated professionals interested in the position of Water/Wastewater Specialist II/III
. Water/Wastewater Specialists
are responsible for the maintenance, repairing, monitoring, and recordkeeping necessary for water and wastewater plant operations and distribution.
APPLICANTS MUST BE WILLING TO WORK OVERTIME IF NECESSARY AND SHIFTS AS ASSIGNED INCLUDING NIGHTS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS. Note
: The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill both extra-help and permanently allocated positions. Individuals selected for extra-help appointment may be transitioned to a permanently allocated position at a later date as authorized by the Fresno County Personnel Rules.
Positions in these classifications are in Medical Group III - Heavy Physical Activity. This group includes positions which require heavy physical effort using arms, legs, back and trunk in frequent lifting, pushing, or pulling objects weighing (or offering resistance equivalent to) over 25 pounds. Generally, considerable bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, reaching, as well as standing and walking are involved. Physical stamina is usually required and explosive strength using bursts of energy may be required, depending upon specific position assignments.
Eligible candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Samples of Duties Please click on the links below to review the Samples of Duties for each level.Water/Wastewater Specialist IIWater/Wastewater Specialist III
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Please click on the links below to review the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for each level.Water/Wastewater Specialist IIWater/Wastewater Specialist III
Minimum Qualifications Water/Wastewater Specialist II
Experience : One (1) year of full-time, paid work experience equivalent to that gained as a Water/Wastewater Specialist with the County of Fresno.
Certificate : Possession of a valid Grade II or higher Water Treatment Operator Certificate from the State of California, State Water Resources Control Board.
Possession of a valid Grade I or higher Water Distribution Certificate, issued by the State of California, State Water Resources Control Board.
Possession of a valid Grade II or higher Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate from the State of California, State Water Resources Control Board.
License : Possession of a valid Class "C" driver's license, or equivalent.Water/Wastewater Specialist III
Experience : Two (2) years of full-time, paid work experience equivalent to that gained as a Water/Wastewater Specialist with the County of Fresno. Certificate : Possession of a valid Grade III or higher Water Treatment Operator Certificate, issued by the State of California, State Water Resources Control Board.
Possession of a valid Grade II or higher Water Distribution Certificate, issued by the State of California, State Water Resources Control Board.
Possession of a valid Grade III or higher Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate, issued by the State of California, State Water Resources Control Board.
License : Possession of a valid Class "C" driver's license, or equivalent. TO PREVENT THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE NOTE :
SELECTION PROCESS :
- Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and filing requirements for this position by the filing deadline.
- A completed Fresno County employment application is required and must be current, complete, and accurate. Amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline.
- Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
- Please fully list your work experience,including current position. Failure to list current and complete work experience within the job application (including employment with the County of Fresno) will result in the disqualification of your application.
- A valid driver's license number must be listed on your application. Failure to provide this number on your application will result in your application not being accepted.
- A copy of the three (3) required certificates issued from the State of California, State Water Resources Control Board must be submitted with your application or your application will NOT be accepted. Documentation must be provided by the closing date and time of this recruitment. You may either attach a copy to your online application, fax a copy to (559) 455-4788 attn: Tiffany Lee, email a copy to HREmploymentServices@fresnocountyca.gov attn: Tiffany Lee, or hand deliver a copy to our office.
Depending on the number of applicants meeting the minimum qualifications and filing requirements, applicants may be scheduled for one or more of the processes listed below.
- Online Examination - If required, the written examination will be offered in an online format. Please indicate on the supplemental questionnaire if you have the ability to complete an online examination.
- Certify Without Examination - In instances where the number of eligible candidates is less than or equal to the number of qualified applicants the Department is entitled to receive under Personnel Rule 4212, the competitive examination process will be waived and the names will be certified without an examination.
Successful candidates will be placed on an employment list effective for a minimum of 3 months (and may be extended up to an additional 12 months) and certified in final rank order as vacancies occur. REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIAL :
- Fresno County Employment Application (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments to your application will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
- Supplemental Questionnaire
- Copy of all three (3) required certificates, issued from the State of California, State Water Resources Control Board.
Please note: All required application materials must be received (online via our website or in person) by the filing deadline. Emailed and faxed application materials will not be accepted. Postmarks will not be accepted. Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of an application. HOW TO APPLY :
Applications for this recruitment must be submitted online only
. The online application may be found at: FresnoCountyJobs.com
Open the Job Information Flyer and click "Apply" to begin online application process. Failure to complete the job application or failure to follow the application instructions may result in the disqualification of the applicant. Amendments will not be accepted after the filing deadline.
Once the filing deadline has passed, you may check the status of the recruitment at any time by logging on to https://www.governmentjobs.com/Applications/Index/fresnoca
Please be advised that it is the applicant's responsibility to notify Fresno County Human Resources of any mailing address and telephone number changes. Notices sent via U.S. Mail from Human Resources are not forwarded ("Return Service" is requested, therefore mail will not be sent to a forwarding address).
For the safety of our employees, the County of Fresno complies with all Federal, State and Local Orders related to COVID-19, including Cal OSHA Emergency Temporary Standards.
The County of Fresno is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Fresno County to provide employment opportunity for all qualified persons. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, or denial of medical and family care leave, or any other non-job-related factor.REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
- The County of Fresno is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application, examination or selection process may contact Human Resources at (559) 600-1830 at least 5 days prior to the scheduled date or deadline . EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERHuman Resources Analyst: Tiffany Lee
Closing Date/Time: Continuous