Description THE COUNTY OF EL DORADO
The County of El Dorado is committed to promoting the power of public service by fostering a diverse and collaborative workplace where employees are empowered, respected and valued. The dedicated efforts taken by the Board of Supervisors continues to promote El Dorado County as a competitive employer that is committed to recruiting and retaining qualified employees by advocating for competitive salaries and excellent benefits. The County of El Dorado is also supportive of providing telework opportunities for employees consistent with business needs and in accordance with Board of Supervisors Policy E-12 - Telecommuting. H EALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES AGENCY
The El Dorado County
Health And Human Services Agency is committed to transforming lives and improving futures for the citizens of El Dorado County. Their programs and services include: Behavioral Health, Public Health, Community and Social Services. Their over 600 employees are dedicated to enhancing and enriching the lives of those in their communities. PUBLIC HEALTH NURSING
The Division of Public Health is comprised of an inter-professional team that promotes and demonstrates best practices of population level wellness through a highly diverse and talented workforce. Focusing on population level prevention our team engages in health policy development, community level assessment, community health improvement planning, partner collaboration building, public health education and proactive wellness intervention. With a County overall health ranking of 11th in California the Division of Public Health has a broad catalog of comprehensive prevention programs including Maternal Child Adolescent Health family oriented nursing services, Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children, California Children's Services, preventive clinical services focusing on contagious diseases, Snap Ed, Oral Health and Tobacco Use Prevention services. THE OPPORTUNITY
Public Health Nurses in the community have broad autonomy of practice in promoting the strengths or addressing the needs of families. Offering a teaching setting new Public Health Nurses mentor with a seasoned colleague and in turn may mentor student Public Health Nurses, have opportunity to conduct group education and develop special intervention projects. The Public Health Division offers a practice environment reflecting the principles of ACES and core practice foundations as promoted by the Council of Public Health Nursing Organizations. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Participate as an interdisciplinary team member in the design and evaluation of public health programs to individuals, families, communities, and at-risk populations.
- Conduct assessments of individual, family, community and at-risk population assets, needs, values, beliefs, resources, and environmental factors.
- Conduct physical assessments; dispense medicinal products and therapeutic agents; perform diagnostic testing/screenings, immunization techniques, and withdrawal of human blood; review and interpret laboratory findings and provide intervention in accordance with standardized procedures and protocol at the facility level and in the community as appropriate.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of public health intervention through ongoing assessment of the individual's physical condition and behavior, signs and symptoms of illness and reactions to treatment, interpretation and analysis of community level epidemiology, effective communication with community systems of care, and qualitative research data.
- Assess the health literacy of individuals, families , and populations served.
- Function as a specialty medical/health care case manager to ensure improved wellness and a continuum of appropriate services for individuals, families, and population groups subject to adverse health and social outcomes.
For a full description of duties and responsibilities, please review the job description
Human Resources will assess your application to determine if you are minimally qualified using the following recommendations. A ny combination of the required experience, education, and training that would provide the essential knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Public Health Nurse I :
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited four-year college or university. Public Health Nurse II :
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited four-year college or university; -AND-
One (1) year of experience at a level equivalent to the County's class of Public Health Nurse I. Licenses and Certifications:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain and maintain, a valid California Driver's License by time of appointment and a satisfactory driving record.
- Must possess a California Registered Nurse license issued by the California State Board of Registered Nursing or eligibility for Registered Nurse licensure reciprocity in the State of California.
- Must possess a California State Public Health Nursing certificate.
- Must possess valid CPR certification.
- Must have completed child abuse and neglect recognition and reporting training requirements pursuant to the State of California Health and Safety Code.
Click here to view the minimum qualifications for Public Health Nurse I/II, as well as the physical, environmental, and working conditions. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Apply online by clicking the 'Apply' link at the top of this announcement. When your online application and responses to the required supplemental questions are complete, click 'Accept'.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Rachel Wallick in Human Resources at email@example.com RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The Human Resources Department will screen all applications to identify qualified candidates. After screening, qualified candidates will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment process.
For more information on the recruitment process, click here.
Based on the department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The County of El Dorado is recruiting applicants for Public Health Nurse I/II. This recruitment will establish a list for the purpose of filling current and future full time, part time, and extra help vacancies for at least three (3) months. We currently have the following vacancies located in Placerville, CA:
- Two (2) Full-time vacancies in the Heath and Human Services, Public Health Division located in Placerville, CA
- Two (2) Part-time vacancies in the Heath and Human Services, Public Health Division located in Placerville, CA. While part time positions vary, these specific vacancies are anticipated to work approximately 32 hours/week.
- One (1) Full-time MCAH (Maternal, Child, Adolescent Health) vacancy in the Health and Human Services, Public Health Division located in South Lake Tahoe, CA
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
The County of El Dorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Many job classifications require a pre-employment medical screening. Depending on the job classification, medical screening may include testing for drugs, including but not limited to marijuana; a positive test may result in revocation of an employment offer.
This classification may include positions that are subject to current California Department of Public Health (CDPH), State Public Health Officer Orders requiring all workers who provide services or work in facilities covered by the order to (a) have their first dose of a one-dose regimen or their second dose of a two-dose regimen of an approved vaccine against COVID-19, or (b) provide valid exemption as permitted by the order. An approved exemption would result in the exempted employee being required to wear a face covering and be regularly tested for COVID-19.
Not just rustic mining towns and historic sites - Today El Dorado County is a year-round vacation destination overflowing with outdoor adventure, inviting agritourism locations, enriching family activities, and a proud Gold Rush history. Escape the traffic and smog because El Dorado County is just:
- 40 miles from Downtown Sacramento
- 50 miles from Sacramento Airport
- 129 miles to San Francisco
Here are a few of the many activities and events available throughout El Dorado County:
- Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Boating, and Watersports
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Live Music and Music Festivals
- Local Craft Breweries and Wineries
- El Dorado County Fair
- Placerville Speedway
- Farm to Fork Restaurants
- Local Shopping Gems
Closing Date/Time: Continuous