Under general direction of the Portfolio Manager, and in accordance with Asset Management principles and practices/Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS) requirements and effective customer service practices: this position plans, directs, monitors, evaluates, supervises and performs a wide variety of on-site property management activities that ensure the prompt and appropriate occupancy of available units.
SHRA employees have the opportunity to perform meaningful and impactful work for an agency dedicated to providing affordable housing in the most impacted region of the nation. Essential Areas of Responsibility
Regional Manager is responsible for accurate and full collection of rents, enforcement of lease conditions and provisions, timely initiation of eviction proceedings, inspection of rehabilitated or repaired units, timely and accurate tenant re-certification, and the maintenance of safe and sanitary property conditions; and to effectively supervise and evaluate the work of maintenance and clerical staff at the site(s). Regional managers will be assigned responsibility for these functions at multiple sites/properties. Education & Experience Education
Bachelor's Degree in Property Management, Business Administration or related field plus 2 years related experience (preferred) OR Associates Degree plus 4 years related experience OR 6 years related experience.Experience
The desired experience would be in the area of property management with experience in principles and practices of asset management, affordable housing or assisted housing administration, tax credit properties, housing rehabilitation and development programs and practices, managing rental property, supervision, maintenance principles as they pertain to rental housing units, public housing laws, and agency rules, regulations, and standards. Excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills are essential to this position.Knowledge of:
Principles and practices of asset management and public or assisted housing administration. Public housing, and housing rehabilitation and development programs and practices. Principles and practices of managing rental property. Principles and practices of supervision, and maintenance principles as they pertain to rental housing units. Public housing laws, and agency rules, regulations, and standards.Ability to:
Plan, organize, and coordinate work in a manner conducive to attaining full cooperation. Supervise the work of assigned subordinate personnel. Maintain confidentiality. Analyze, interpret data, and prepare reports. Comprehend and interpret complex rules, regulations, and laws. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the community and others contacted in the course of work. Communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively both orally and in writing; and speak effectively before groups. Operate a personal computer using various Windows-based applications programs. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes and directs the day-to-day site based management and maintenance operations of public housing development(s).
- Administers rental policies of the Authority and performs and or supervises leasing and occupancy of units.
- Collects rents and is responsible for re-examinations of tenant income and inspection of units.
- Supervises maintenance of rental units owned by the Authority.
- Coordinates and solves problems relative to the Public Housing program.
- Implements changes in Federal and State regulations.
- May represent the Authority at the local level in public relations and community affairs.
- Maintains effective tenant relations.
- Requisitions materials and supplies.
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of correspondence and monthly activities and status reports.
- Undertakes special studies and assignments as directed by the Regional Site Manager.
- Responds to and resolve issues pertaining to programs. Advise Regional Site Manager, in a timely manner, on necessary actions, problems, or requirements.
- Serves as an advisor to the Regional Site Manager regarding management and operations issues and other department-wide matters.
- Reviews and prepare comments on proposed Federal, State and local regulations and their prospective impact on department and authority programs. Suggest alternative courses of action, as applicable.
- Develops departmental policies and procedures implementing Federal, State, and local directives and statutes and Authority policies, and, as applicable, procedures for department activities and programs.
- Maintains adequate monitoring and reporting systems to ensure the adequacy, quality, and timeliness of work.
- Holds and conduct regular staff meetings, to include the communication of and training in Authority policies.
- Responsible for departmental employee training, motivation, supervision, and evaluation.
- Recommends salary increases and takes disciplinary action as necessary and authorized.
- Approves leave requests and time cards.
- Participates in CHARMA safety program
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
- Prepares budgets and monitoring budget performance
- Participates in the selection of staff.
OTHER DUTIES: All employees may be assigned, and required to carry out, additional duties at any time. An employee with a known disability will only be assigned additional duties when the duty being added is an essential function of the position, or can be carried out with reasonable accommodation.
Every employee is expected to participate in discussions of individual, department and Agency performance and work on problem-solving teams as assigned. Any employee serving on a problem-solving team may be asked to carry out the role of team leader
Any person driving for Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency must maintain a valid driver's license on his/her person, and demonstrate compliance with the motor vehicle law, standards of courtesy on the road and attention to safety. All drivers must maintain their insurability. As a condition of employment with SHRA, this employee will be required to complete a COVID-19 vaccination recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (including for emergency use) and provide proof of vaccination to the Human Resources Department prior to employment.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous