Job Summary This is a Part Time position working 19-20 hours per week.
The purpose of this position is to research information, prepare public meeting documents, assist, and educate citizens and businesses regarding zoning and development, as well as provide technical support for the Planning and Development department. This is accomplished by assisting with development review activities, preparing, and reviewing maps, graphics, exhibits, and briefing materials, and preparing exhibits for presentations. Other duties may include assisting with special projects, and assisting developers, consultants, and the public with questions regarding ordinances, procedures, and regulations. This position does not provide direction to other employees.Essential Job Functions
Minimum Qualifications JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Records and Research
- Process zoning verification requests in a timely manner.
- Assist with responding to requests for public records under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Coordinate and track plat filing with the County.
- Provide research assistance to the Current Planning and Long-Range Planning sections of the Planning Division.
- Assist the Executive Assistant with setting up for Planning and Zoning Commission meetings and take meeting minutes as needed.
- Assist the Executive Assistant with preparing legal notices, property owner notifications, and meeting agendas.
Any combination equivalent to experience and training that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
- Development Review Coordinator and Records and Research: Bachelor's degree in City or Urban Planning with no experience; OR associate degree or equivalent from a college or technical school with 2 years of related experience in a municipal development setting preferred.
- Experience: Relevant experience gained during an internship may be counted. Knowledge of MS Office (Access, Excel, Word, Power Point) required. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam, Arc GIS, Justafoia, VisionLive, or Tyler Energov is highly preferred.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous