Contributes to the university’s mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit.
Rank of Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor and applicable salary are dependent upon candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- These clinical responsibilities include direct patient care management as well as the supervision of our internal medicine residents on general medicine inpatient services
- Demonstrate effective teaching skills and continually develop as a teacher for learners at all levels
- Teach internal medicine residents and medical students within the department and participate in educational conferences as determined by the Department Chair and Chief of General Medicine
- Participate in other learning activities such as morning report, core conference, and other formal educational programs for undergraduate and post-graduate learners
- Academic duty to include membership in the Clinical Competency Committee; a committee that systematically reviews the evaluations and progression of residents within the program
- Service responsibilities will include serving in medical school and/or hospital committees as determined by the Department Chair and Chief of General Medicine
- Complete required evaluations of learners in a timely manner; including but not limited to written and verbal feedback
- Work with institutional staff and administration to attain the strategic objectives of Department of Internal Medicine, including patient safety, patient and other customer satisfaction, maintenance and enhancement of public perception, and fiscal health
- Comply in a timely manner with all institutional policies for professional work, including credentialing, documentation, and billing
- Work effectively with other members of the extended inter-professional team
- Participation as a speaker in the General Medicine Division’s CME course
- MBBS, MD, DO
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine
- Interest in teaching and growth in an academic setting
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx .