SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior Business Analyst (Limited Term) will administer and oversee all contractor invoices and the processing of Contract Task Orders and other work orders in support of Business Operations. This position also provides administrative support, prepares reports and other information necessary to support the Department Director and the staff in the Department.
This is a Limited Term position not to exceed five (5) years. This position is funded in whole or in part through federal, state, or other governmental grants which are limited by time or funding. Limited Term positions may be eliminated when the funding ends, time expires, or due to lack of business need for the position. Limited Term employees receive all benefits provided to full-time employees, including but not limited to retirement, medical, dental, vision, and life.TO APPLY:
This is a continuous recruitment with the first review of applications beginningAugust 25, 2022.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS
This is the senior level of the Business Analyst series. At this level, work may be performed under limited supervision or under limited direction. Incumbent possesses considerable latitude to accomplish tasks, which may include lead worker or supervisor duties.SUPERVISION EXERCISED AND RECEIVED
- Receives supervision from assigned Departmental Management
- No formal supervisory responsibilities; may lead the work of assigned staff
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The duties listed below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
- Compose thorough documents, meeting notes, and following up on action items.
- Track and ensure follow-up items and objectives are completed in a timely manner.
- Identify and draft process improvements.
- Oversee and verify compliance of project and/or departmental budgets.
- Develop and maintain status reports to allow departments to manage a growing number of projects and funding sources; review and approve all applicable invoices.
- Provide administrative support to the department including the processing of invoices for consultants, contractors for Construction, Architectural & Engineering and other services; audit preparation; contract and project closeout activities.
- Review and track CTO charges and ineligible expenses and validate contract invoice coding.
- Assist internal and external customers with research requests or analysis.
- Complete and compile monthly and annual departmental reports.
- Update and maintain all department databases.
- Collaborate with appropriate SCRRA departments and contractors to initiate new projects and funding sources, and to improve monitoring and execution of the various projects and contracts. Serve as Project Manager when necessary.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with SCRRA employees, contractors and management.
- Participate in the preparation and administration of assigned program budget.
- Conduct and collect employee surveys.
- Review special project billing and verify for contract compliance and applicability to project.
- This is the senior level of the Business Analyst series. At this level, work may be performed under limited supervision or under limited direction. Incumbent possesses considerable latitude to accomplish tasks, which may include lead worker or supervisor duties.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS Education and Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or a related field.
- A minimum of (6) years of work experience performing similar job duties or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
- A combination of training, education and or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered when determining minimum qualifications. Advanced relevant coursework may also substitute for a portion of required experience.
- A valid Class "C" California driver's license with a satisfactory driving record of no more than 3 moving violations and no DUI's within the last 3 years.
Knowledge of :
- Basic finance and accounting
- Train operations
- Mathematical analytics and trend analysis
- SCRRA policies and procedures
Skilled In :
- Use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and database applications, and Oracle
- Effective organization and analytics
- Strong verbal and written communications
Ability to :
- Apply technology solutions to business issues in a timely manner
- Sustain and nurture positive vendor and internal relations
- Synthesize diverse, complex information into coherent reports
- Interpret contract language and foresee and identify and resolve issues when they arise
- Work independently while supporting a team environment
- Multi-task, prioritize, work with tight deadlines and be organized.
- Transition between a stationary position at a desk or work location and move about Metrolink facilities or other work site locations
- Operate tools to perform the duties of the position; such as computers, office equipment and work-related machinery
- Transport equipment or boxes up to 25lbs
- Exchange ideas by means of communication
- Visual acuity to detect, identify and observe employees or train movement and any barriers to movement when working on or near railroad tracks
- Hear and perceive the nature of sounds when working on or near railroad tracks
- Balance, ascend/descend, climb, kneel, stoop, bend, crouch or crawl within assigned working conditions and or locations
Position requires work in a normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, or temperature. Based on job duties, work may also be conducted in outdoor environments, at construction sites, railroad track and right-of-way environments, and warehouse environments, with possible exposure to individuals who are hostile or irate, moving mechanical parts, and loud noises (85+ decibels, such as trains, heavy trucks, construction, etc.).
Southern California Regional Rail Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Authority will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION Selection Process:
Following a review of resumes and/or applications, the most highly qualified candidates will be invited to continue in the selection process. Eligible applicants will be notified of the exact time and place of assessments and interview. Candidates will be interviewed to determine their relative knowledge, skills and ability in job related areas. Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a reference check, including degree verification and criminal records check provided through SCRRA.
Internal Candidates: Employees with active discipline as defined in the HR Policy No. 5.3 Positive Discipline Program and/or with performance that does not meet the standard for "meets expectations" as defined in the Performance Planning and Appraisal Process may be precluded from consideration and placement in the position.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the SCRRA will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
The SCRRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/ADA
Closing Date/Time: Continuous