Physician & Surgeon (IM/FP)-Psychiatric Inpatient Program (PIP)
$347,784 - $365,184 annual (Time-Limited Board Certified)
$330,360 - $346,908 annual (Lifetime Board Certified)
$313,008 - $328,680 annual (Pre-Board Certified)
Are you looking to practice medicine and maintain a positive work-life balance? A career with California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) allows you to focus on providing quality care without the burdens of managing insurance paperwork or maintaining a private practice. In conjunction with our dedicated psychiatrists, you will deliver primary care to the patient population within the Psychiatric Inpatient Program.
We currently have opportunities at Salinas Valley State Prison, located in Monterey County’s Soledad. Here, you’ll have access to all of the activities, history, and cultural events of Monterey, Big Sur, and Carmel-by-the-Sea. Plus, with the positive work-life balance you’ll find with CCHCS, you’ll be able to enjoy them all.
Here, in a supportive and collaborative environment, you will:
• Deliver primary care to a diverse patient population
• Provide education to patients related to chronic disease management
CCHCS also offers a competitive compensation package, including:
• 40-hour workweek - affords you true work-life balance
• Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
• Relocation assistance for those new to State of California service
• Robust 401(k) and 457 savings plans (tax defer up to $41,000 - $68,000 per year)
• Paid CME, with paid time off to attend - allows you to control more of your time and money
• Dedicated assistance with H-1B, J-1 Waiver, and TN visa sponsorship
• Comprehensive malpractice insurance coverage
• And much more
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) issued an Order on August 19, 2021 which requires workers working in a healthcare setting at all local and state correctional facilities and detention centers be vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, all workers identified under the CDPH Order are required to either be vaccinated or submit a medical or religious accommodation. While working through either of these interactive processes, staff shall wear an N95 mask and test twice-weekly (with at least 72 hours between each test) until they comply with the August 19, 2021 CDPH Order.
Take the first step in joining our team and submit your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov .
"CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov ”.
Closing Date/Time: Until Filled