Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
$133,092 - $150,456 annual salary
California Correctional Health Care Services is elevating both the field of correctional medicine as well as the careers of physicians, like you, dedicated to providing quality primary care. Whatever your professional interest, we can help you continue to hone your skills in public health, disease management and education, addiction medicine and so much more.
All psychiatric nurse practitioners with CCHCS must have current California RN licensure and Nurse Practitioner Furnishing certificate with board certification issued by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) as a Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner, and certification as a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
With the direction of a psychiatrist, you will:
- Provide evaluations, diagnoses, and treatment plans for patients, including those for suspected physical or neurological conditions
- Determine patients’ need for psychiatric medication and crisis intervention
- Assess and monitor patients’ continued use of prescribed psychotropic medications
We currently have opportunities at Kern Valley State Prison located in the heart of central California’s Kern County. With an array of metropolitan conveniences, natural attractions, and recreational activities, this is the ideal place to enjoy the work-life balance you’ll find with CCHCS.
In return for your efforts, CCHCS provides a competitive compensation package, including:
- 40-hour workweek
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Paid insurance, license, and DEA renewal
- Robust 401(k) and 457(b) retirement plans (tax defer up to $45,000 - $60,000 per year)
- Dedicated assistance with visa sponsorship
- Paid CEU with paid time off to attend
- And much more
Submit your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov or call (877) 793-4473 for more information.
This is a limited term position, and it has the possibility of becoming permanent.
Current board certification issued by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) as a Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner.
"CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov ."
Closing Date/Time: Until Filled