Description:Salary and Benefits
The starting salary placement depends on qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range of $4,834.00/month to $5,417.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html
This position may be eligible to participate in the Cal State East Bay telecommute program subject to approval by the appropriate administrator. About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability. About the Position
This position supports the fundraising efforts of University Advancement. The incumbent understands the philanthropic context within which fundraising takes place and understands the strict rules and regulations pertaining to the proper accounting of charitable contributions. The incumbent understands the workings of fundraising databases and ensures that data in regard to constituents, gifts, prospect management, events, funds and campaigns is maintained accurately and in accordance with best practices. The incumbent works with minimal supervision in a highly complex and collaborative environment and thus makes necessary, discretionary decisions based on the aforementioned understandings in regard to high-profile financial transactions and analytical reports benefitting the University community.
The incumbent is responsible for creating and updating current constituent records in the fundraising database on behalf of all University Advancement divisions and ensuring that data in regard to constituents and gifts is maintained accurately, coherent and in accordance with best practices.
The incumbent is responsible for the proper receipting, processing, acknowledgment and depositing of all charitable contributions received in University Advancement in accordance with donor intent and University policies while understanding and adhering to IRS and CASE rules and regulations governing contributions and their reporting, as well as the processing and filing of accompanying and resulting documentation in a secure manner to protect confidentiality and privacy.
The work involves knowledge of and complex data entry in the fundraising software database, which requires significant attention to detail and includes a high-volume of routine tasks.
The incumbent works under the direction of the Advancement Services Manager and collaborates with the Records & Data Integrity Specialist on special projects. Responsibilities
- Enter all gifts into database and ensure donor and prospect data is properly recorded.
- Produce segmenting mailing and emailing lists for customized cultivation, solicitation and stewardship communications.
- Coordinate data integrity of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT including: identifying and resolving data inconsistencies, conducting monthly reconciliation with Finance, doing routine maintenance, assisting with improving automation, documenting processes and supporting/training staff in their use.
- Suggest best practices and help develop policies/procedures.
Process, receipt and deposit all charitable donations
- Process, receipt and deposit all charitable contributions received in the Educational Foundation in accordance with donor intent and University policies while adhering to IRS and CASE rules and regulations governing contributions and their reporting.
- Handle credit card donations, gift-in-kind donations, matching gifts and payroll deduction gifts. The work involves knowledge of and complex data entry in the fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge NXT), which requires significant attention to detail and includes a high-volume of routine tasks.
- Process and file gift documentation in a secure manner to protect historical context, confidentiality and privacy of all data.
- Prepare a ledger of gifts and alert University Advancement staff members of major gift donations.
- Ensure gift receipts are sent within 48 hours of receipt of donation.
- Process pledge reminders.
- Collaborate with accounting staff to accurately record gift revenue and gift fees in the general ledger. Assist the Advancement Services Manager with managing donor funds.
Online Giving and Crowdfunding Campaigns
- Produce scripts for online giving pages.
- Serve as the point person for all new and modified campaigns.
- Establish and manage crowdfunding project guidelines and application process.
- Create a marketing guidebook for running a successful crowdfunding project.
- Identify, recruit and select potential crowdfunding projects.
- Work with crowdfunding project owners to help create successful fundraising efforts.
- Create a personalized stewardship plan for each crowdfunding project with owners.
- Coordinate marketing and promotional activities designed to promote awareness of the new programs within the campus community and general public.
- Ensure good customer service to both internal and external audiences by researching issues to resolve problems, providing appropriate information to answer questions and explaining services or strategies.
- Research, analyze, monitor and evaluate marketing and/or fundraising efforts for effectiveness, reporting results to appropriate higher-levels of administration and making recommendations to improve.
- Produce monthly giving reports for Cal State East Bay Deans and respective program directors.
- Produce regular reports for first time donors for Alumni and Constituent Engagement acknowledgement letters.
- Produce regular gift reports for Alumni and Constituent Engagement acknowledgement letters.
- Support Advancement Services Manager as a back-up for reporting needs involving gifting criteria.
- Provide standard weekly, monthly and annual reports (gift alerts, financial historical analysis, data, pending benchmarks, etc.) on Annual Fund, Capital Campaign and other Foundation departments, ensuring the team has a good assessment of revenue status.
Other duties as assigned
- Assist with special projects assigned by the Advancement Services Manager.
- Manage donation filing system including directing student assistants, direct data maintenance and filing work as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education, training and relevant experience.
- Administrative work experience related to the position.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports, including using advanced mail-merge functions in MS Word.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer applications such as: MS Word, MS Excel, and Internet tools.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with students, employees and external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects for a variety of users, set schedules, organize, plan, and complete work and tasks.
- Ability to perform business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track data, and make accurate projections.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar and spelling.
- Ability to prioritize assignments to ensure timely completion of assignments.
- Experience generating reports based on simple query data and ability to analyze data.
- Experience working in Advancement.
Condition(s) of Employment
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in customer service, using fundraising software, and administrative functions.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge NXT, SalesForce and/or fundraising software preferred.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the University Police Department. EEO Statement
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body. Other Information
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html Sponsorship
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions. Mandated Reporter
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat. com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled