Description:Salary and Benefits
The starting salary placement depends on qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range of $6,500.00/month to $7,500.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability. About the Position
The Institutional Effectiveness & Research office serves the University as the principal source of analysis and reporting on a broad array of institutional topics to fulfill Cal State East Bay's commitment to student success. The incumbent will work to help build and sustain a campus culture of inquiry and data-informed decision making. As an integral thought partner with campus colleagues, the Research Associate strengthens our campus' capacity to collect, interpret, and act on data to inform strategic planning and institutional effectiveness.
In collaboration with staff at the Office of Institutional Effectiveness & Research, the incumbent has responsibility for data quality assurance, addressing data requests, analysis and research of institutional and survey data, and reporting. The Research Associate will interpret, monitor, and analyze data regarding policies, procedures, demographics, and operational outcomes yielding actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging areas. The Research Associate collaborates closely with colleagues across the university to analyze and determine meaning behind the data and meets the needs of campus stakeholders. Responsibilities
Ensures that institutional and survey data (historical and current) are managed and maintained with integrity and quality.
- Plans, develops and implements new methods and systems for data collection and management.
Collects, analyzes, interprets, and reports on institutional and survey data for projections, planning, and evaluation to inform conversations and planning of institutional initiatives.
- Responds to requests for data and analyses from both internal (CSUEB) and external agencies including WSCUC and the CSU Chancellor’s Office, as well as higher-ed related surveys.
- Conducts analyses to identify trends in student enrollment patterns, student experiences, and student success.
Designs data resources and dashboards to enhance user accessibility and understanding of data for campus colleagues.
- Prepares major administrative and analytical dashboards in support of student success in student retention and graduation, implementation and assessment of high impact practices, curriculum offerings including freshman year programs, and information needed for university initiatives.
Other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications
- Evidence of statistical analyses and research methodologies with large complex datasets on a statistical software package (such as SPSS, STATA, R, or similar tools).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to positively convey findings to senior leadership & faculty and general audiences.
- Exemplary critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to exceptional work quality standards.
- Interest and/or ability to work in a multicultural/multiethnic environment.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor degree or equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university.
- Four years of professional experience conducting analyses and research, data quality management, and reporting, preferably in a university setting or relevant technical field experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches. The rank of Associate Professor or higher in a four-year college or university and demonstrated experience in research or special study work may be substituted for the four years of experience.
Condition(s) of Employment
- Masters/Doctoral degree in related fields focusing on quantitative analysis.
- Demonstrated experience using SQL to query, analyze, and summarize large data sets. Proficiency in manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- Experience in developing reports, dashboards, and data visualizations using Tableau visualization software.
- Experience with institutional research and assessment experience in higher education, survey design and analysis, research methodology, or distributing research findings at professional conferences or journals.
- Knowledge and understanding of key concepts in higher education highly desired.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the University Police Department. EEO Statement
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body. Other Information
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html Sponsorship
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions and we are not an E-Verify employer. Mandated Reporter
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat. com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com .
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled