The City of Riverside is accepting applications for the position of Innovation and Technology Analyst II - Data Analyst
to fill one (1) vacancy in the Innovation Division.
The eligibility list established may be used to fill the current and/or upcoming vacancies within this classification for up to six (6) months.
Under general supervision, an Innovation and Technology Analyst II will perform a variety of complex professional, technical and analytical duties in the areas of programming, testing, troubleshooting, installation, implementation, documentation and maintenance of assigned systems, databases, programs and applications; and perform other duties as assigned.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform complex system analysis in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of information systems, networks, servers, supporting hardware and software applications.
- Provide advanced technical assistance to system users in accordance with applicable information systems policies, procedures, methods and techniques.
- Participate in evaluating, planning, implementing and integrating new systems and current system upgrades.
- Prepare and design complex technical reports through database and report writing tools.
- Develop time management tasks as they relate to a project implementation.
- Perform research, gather costing information, vendor quotes and recommend hardware and software based on current or new City standards.
- Develop and produce system documentation, instructional and procedural manuals.
- Coordinate and conduct training for client users on assigned systems, applications, or other special projects.
- Work with administration and propose enhancements to improve services, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain effective and professional relationships with vendors and their technical support personnel.
Qualifications Option I:
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field.
Experience: Two years of full-time work experience in computer science, information systems, voice/data communications, data center operations, database administration or a related field. Option II:
Education: Equivalent to an Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field.
Experience: Four years of full-time work experience in computer science, information systems, voice/data communications, data center operations, database administration or a related field.Option III:
Education: High School graduation or satisfactory equivalent (GED).
Experience: Six years of full-time work experience in computer science, information systems, voice/data communications, data center operations, database administration or a related field.Necessary Special Requirement:
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Possession of an appropriate, valid, class "C" California Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
- This position is designated to support the City of Riverside Police Department and therefore the selected candidate must pass an extensive PD Background Check as a condition of employment.
- Experience working on general application development, web development, and mobile development.
- Experience working with object-oriented programming using various operating systems, interface development between enterprise systems, application patching and upgrading.
- Experience communicating with end users, performing needs analysis, gathering requirements, and assessing efforts to develop a solution.
- Experience working with the following technologies:
R elational database/complex SQL writing
- Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, ArcGIS dashboard, or equivalent
- Data extraction, transformation, and loading experience
- Data Mining, Data Analytics, AI, Machine Learning
- Data manipulating using Python or equivalent scripting
- Advanced level expertise working with:
Web service use / API / development (SOAP / REST)
- Workflow Automation
- Linux / Unix Servers
- Windows Servers
- Oracle Database (PL-SQL)
- SQL Server Database (t-SQL)
- MS Visual Studio
- Cloud Computing Platform (AWS/Azure/Other)
Selection Process DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION: 1)
Completed Employment Application 2)
Completed Supplemental Questionnaire FOR GENERAL INFORMATION ON COMPLETING YOUR ON-LINE APPLICATION, CLICK HERE: ( Application Guide).
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Those who successfully complete the selection process will be placed on the eligibility list for this classification. IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are selected to move forward in the assessment process, you may be required to self-schedule your appointment. You will be notified via email of your status and provided with self-scheduling instructions. Please check your email regularly following the closing date of this recruitment.
Positions that require, or may require, a California Commercial Driver's License
are considered Safety Sensitive and are monitored by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Any candidate being considered for a Safety Sensitive position must submit authorization forms to the City immediately upon request to begin the pre-employment process.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation prior to the closing date of this recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment background investigation, drug screen, and/or medical/ physical examination . NOTE
: The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. Candidates may reapply when there is a posting to establish an eligibility list. EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Proof of education listed in your application will be requested at the time of conditional offer. Acceptable documentation consists of transcripts or degree, if applicable, by the accredited U.S. college or university.
Education obtained outside the United States (US) require one of the following options:
All applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CONTRACT.
- An equivalency statement from an evaluation company certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) at http://www.naces.org/members.html or the Association of International Credential Evaluators Inc. (AICE) at http://aice-eval.org/members/ .
- An advanced-level degree from an accredited US college or university.