CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under the general direction of the Director, Enterprise Application Development, the Senior Analyst Finance and HR provides overall leadership, project management, strategic direction, analysis, high level technical support and consultation to the managers and staff of the administrative departments that utilize the various HR and finance systems. The incumbent consults with area managers and staff to recommend changes to business processes, to make more effective and efficient use of software/technology and develops detailed project plans for the implementation of upgrades and enhancements to the software.
• Provides project support and detailed project plans for upgrades that affect HR and financial systems.
• Acts as the primary point of contact for groups, directors, and teams across campus and is responsible for organizing the various stages of projects for all involved parties.
• Coordinates and communicates the activities of the CSU Chancellor’s Office Common Management System (CMS) in addition to outside consultants as they pertain to the campus and CSU-centralized HR and finance systems.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3EhUow3
• Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in a job-related field.
• Five years of full-time, progressively responsible field-related experience, including one year of project management, team leadership, systems implementation and PeopleSoft development.
• Two years of full-time experience working with PeopleSoft HR and/or Financials Modules, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Extensive knowledge of: programming, systems analysis techniques, and systems development principles; and relational database principles. Functional knowledge of PeopleSoft HR and/or Financials Modules desirable.
• Ability and specialized skills to code, test, and debug software applications; provide ongoing project leadership to technical development staff, analyze problems and propose effective solution; understand functional and procedural requirements and develop alternative solutions; relate system solutions to departmental management and staff.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; develop and make presentations; conduct meetings; develop and provide user training; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification / grade: 0400 / Analyst/Programmer / 3
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $6686 - $10,600, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $6686 - $12,947 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• The position is currently hybrid (2 days in office, 3 days remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
• Applications received through October 11, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California