CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the Associate Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations, the Alumni/Annual Giving Communications Associate plays a key role in the overall effort to enhance the University’s resources, reputation and relationships. The incumbent develops and ensures all alumni and annual giving materials communicate with consistency and are relevant to the University’s key messages and brand.
• Compiles and integrates alumni-related news, events and activities into appropriate media, publications and web/electronic communications.
• Coordinates alumni social media engagements, alumni-related print, and electronic and event-related projects.
• Gathers and analyzes data of communication campaigns and puts together a strategic communication plan for the alumni and annual giving programs to significantly impact alumni engagement.
• Writes, edits and reviews alumni engagement communications, annual giving appeal and campaign solicitations and stewardship pieces, both digital and print.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3UWq2EX
• Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college with a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, market research, or in a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Equivalent to four (4) years of full-time professional or technical experience in public affairs, media relations, marketing and/or market research at a supervisory level.
• Expertise as the key department communications-related point of contact for print, Web and social media.
• Substantial and progressively responsible experience in project management.
• Strong fundraising writing skills, as well as experience in developing compelling donor impact and stewardship communications.
• Experience with donor database integration with various communication methods.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Demonstrated ability in developing innovative marketing strategies to promote a product or service; proven ability to develop marketing plans for target population, implement direct mail programs, advertising, promotional materials, web and database marketing; and ability to create workable and efficient strategies for tracking and analyzing marketing and promotional efforts. Ability to create, design and organize information for effective presentation in publications, websites and other media.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, to manage time and work load, to multitask, and to achieve goals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment often involving working with complex, sensitive and confidential stakeholder information. Ability to analyze, interpret, integrate and present data and information for the purpose of creating new methods and strategic short- and long-term development-related communications.
• Demonstrated ability to Lead innovative and process improvement efforts and develop new approaches and solutions. Ability to address technical issues from an interactive perspective using advanced research and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to: use on-line data resources to assess a potential market and develop a marketing plan; design, execute, and evaluate comprehensive marketing research programs using primarily Internet resources. Proven ability to work with macro environmental factor - demographics, economics, politics, and technology. Demonstrated ability to interpret competitive analysis data-demographics, psychographics, and behavior analysis and proven ability to create data based segmented marketing projects.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize market research data for the purpose of identifying markets. Demonstrated ability to: define and organize a project; create documents and written communications; write marketing and advertising copy; demonstrated competence in managing a project team; and ability to build and sustain long-term relationships with a variety of constituencies.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification / grade: 0800 / Pub Affairs Comm / 3
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $4391 - $6633, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $4391 - $7945 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• The position is currently hybrid (2 days in office, 3 days remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
• Applications received through October 14, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California