CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the Director of Production, the Stage Door Attendant oversees activity at the Stage Door at The Soraya, keeps lists of approved personell for entry, maintains secure access to the building through the stage door access, oversees parking on The Soraya’s loading dock, and collaborates with the backstage team and administrative staff to ensure guests, vendors, and other individuals are parking in the appropriate areas. The incumbent organizes the pool of intermittent employees who staff the Stage Door when attendant is not present, and provides direction and updates staff members on details of a particular performance and/or rehearsal.
• Secures access to the building via all entrances on the loading dock and stage door, including raising and lowering the loading dock gate when appropriate.
• Works with Artist Relations team to organize lists of approved artists for entry, executing parking details (dock parking, permit pickup, etc.), and communicates schedule as required.
• Provides backstage direction to various dressing rooms, stage, etc. to all visiting artists and guests, and operates powered carts to move carts and transport guests when required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3wOqHxS
• Equivalent to one year of related experience required; two years preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Strong interpersonal communication skills with a focus on delivering high-end/high-touch customer service to all guests and staff of The Soraya.
• Thorough knowledge of applicable procedures and regulations related to parking, traffic control, security and/or public safety; working knowledge of police department radio codes and equipment.
• Ability to; read and interpret a variety of laws, rules and regulations; use applicable automated and computerized public safety systems and databases; plan and schedule unit work and provide lead work direction to others; independently make effective decisions and judgments in emergency situations
• Ability to analyze operational issues and recommend procedural changes; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with campus community, public and applicable law enforcement agencies; convey clear, concise communications and directions; and write reports and draft operating procedures.
• Familiarity with the California Penal Code.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification/grade: 8820 / Community Service Spec II / 2
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $1720.50 - $1762.50 (PTE), dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $1720.50 - $2701 per month.
• HOURS: Part Time; 20 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
• TEMP: This is a Temporary-renewable position, end date to be determined.
• Applications received through October 17, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California