HEALTH CARE COORDINATOR 2 - Requisition ID: 14428
Recruitment Type: Open Competitive
Posting Close Date: N/A
Geographical Location: Las Vegas, Boulder City, Indian Springs, Jean, Henderson
Department:DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Division: DHHS - HEALTH CARE FINANCING & POLICY
Business Unit: HR-HEALTH CARE FIN & POLICY
*Pay Grade: GRADE 34
Salary Range: $50,634.00 - $75,063.60
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Recruiter: ANA MARIA ORNELLAS
Phone: 775 684-0151
This opening is for a Health Care Coordinator 2 within the Division of Health Care Financing and Policy (DHCFP) District Office, in Las Vegas NV.This position is with the Department of Health and Human Services in the Division of Health Care Financing and Policy (DHCFP) and is located at the DHCFP Las Vegas District Office. This position requires less than fifty percent of time travelling within the Las Vegas District Office catchment area.
Health Care Coordinators (HCC’s)evaluate individuals referred to the medical services program and provide ongoing case management services to Medicaid eligible clients; evaluate the need for medical services, treatment, equipment and supplies and authorize payment; screen individuals to determine appropriate level of care in nursing homes; review programs and participate in program development.
This position will also assist walk-ins in the District Office lobbies to provide the recipient information regarding benefits and to troubleshoot complicated access to care issues.
Nevada offers sunshine and recreational opportunities including golfing, biking, off-roading, hiking, skiing, and fishing. Nevada's landscape and economy are a few reasons to join the Silver State workforce! Additional benefits include: medical, dental, life and disability insurance programs; participation in the public employees' retirement plan; 11 paid holidays; and accrual of 3 weeks of annual and 3 weeks of sick leave each year. DHCFP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information (GINA), or gender.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-12_0//
- Licensure as a Social Worker or professional licensure or certification in a medical specialty applicable to the assignment, and one year of professional experience providing case management services in a social or health related field; OR one year of experience as a Health Care Coordinator I in Nevada State service; OR licensure and an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- This position has a 50% travel requirement.
- Professional licensure or certification as a social worker, nurse or in a medical specialty issued by the appropriate licensing board in the State of Nevada is required at the time of appointment. Incumbents must maintain professional licensure or certification in their specialty as a condition of continuing employment.
- This position requires a valid driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility at the time of appointment and for continuing employment.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market: