Under the close direction and supervision of experienced personnel (or manager-level personnel), performs professional-level assignments and projects in support of management and staff in order to implement a unit′s functions and activities, while gaining knowledge and skills for career advancement.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited college/university within the last two years
- Must have obtained a GPA (Grade Point Average) of 2.5 for those with undergraduate degrees, and 3.0 or higher for those with graduate degrees
- A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions
Preferred Qualifications (PQs) are used to identify relevant knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) as determined by business necessity. These criteria are considered preferred qualifications and are not intended to serve as minimum requirements for the position. PQs will help support selection decisions throughout the recruitment. In addition, applicants who possess these PQs will not automatically be selected.
The following are the preferred qualifications:
Example of Duties
- Performs duties in assigned department in support of management and staff while gaining knowledge of Metro′s business operations
- Receives training and overview of Metro operations in preparation for future professional positions
- Learns line and staff functions, operations, procurement processes, administrative/financial functions, project/program management, and company policies and practices that affect business transactions
- Assists in setting performance goals and objectives with management
- Researches, collects, and analyzes data and makes recommendations in areas like policies, procedures, operations, and other related business processes
- Participates in analyzing and making recommendations for solution of departmental problems of budget, organization, program, systems, capital projects, emergency and asset management, workplace programs, etc.
- Attends meetings, committees, and conferences as deemed necessary by management
- Assists with forecasting analyses and studies, prepares reports, and presents findings and analysis to management
- Performs special project assignments
- Contributes to ensuring that the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policies and programs of Metro are carried out
May be required to perform other related job duties Knowledge of
(defined as a learned body of information that is required for and applied in the performance of job tasks)
- Theories, principles, and practices of administrative and technical research methods and techniques
- Applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations
- Basic mathematics and business statistics
- Applicable business software applications
(defined as the proficient manual, verbal, or mental utilization of data, people, or things)
- Gathering, organizing, and analyzing data
- Analyzing situations, identifying problems, and recommending solutions
- Exercising sound judgment and creativity in making appropriate conclusions and decisions
- Interacting professionally with various levels of Metro employees and outside representatives
- Communicating effectively orally and in writing
(defined as a present competence to perform an observable behavior or produce an observable result)
- Think and act independently
- Understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts, and budgets
- Read, write, speak, and understand English
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Metro provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Working Conditions
Physical Effort Required
- Close exposure to computer monitors and video screen
- Sitting at a desk or table
- Operate a telephone or other telecommunications device and communicate through the medium
- Type and use a keyboard and mouse to perform necessary computer-based functions
- Communicating through speech in the English language required
- Number of Openings: 100
- Salary Range: $46,051 - $46,051 - $46,051
- Requisition ID: 220597
- Posting Date: Oct 18, 2022
Applicants who best meet job-related qualifications will be invited to participate in the examination process that may consist of any combination of written, performance, or oral appraisal to further evaluate job-related experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Application Procedure:
Candidates can complete their Employment Applications on their mobile device or computer. Telephone
: (213) 922-6217 or persons with hearing or speech impairments can use California Relay Service 711 to contact Metro.
All completed online Employment Applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on the posting end date.
Metro is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, committed to maintaining an environment that values diversity and where its employees and applicants are free from discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Decisions affecting all LACMTA employment practices are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal or state statutes.