COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES - CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICE EXAM NUMBER
M0829X-R TYPE OF RECRUITMENT
Open Competitive Job Opportunity FILING DATES
Applications will be accepted starting January 25, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. (PT).
The first review of applications will take place on February 8, 2021.
The exam will remain open until the needs of the service are met and is
subject to closure without prior notice.This announcement is being reposted to update the Transfer of Test Components information.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director, Racial Equity (UC), assists the CEO in overseeing the County's Anti-Racism, Diversity and Inclusion Initiative. CLASSIFICATION STANDARDS:
Positions in this class provide professional staff support to the CEO in the planning, coordination, direction and control of such specialized County functions as the County budget, finance, operations, capital projects, legislative analysis, organization and management studies, employee relations, compensation policy, risk management, marketing, asset management, and unincorporated area services functions. At this level the employee specializes in one of the above fields of specialization and knows and proficiently applies a broad knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures to solve difficult problems in that field. Work in the field of specialization is varied and difficult, assignments are broad requiring evaluation, originality or ingenuity, the employee has latitude for unreviewed action or decision and works with minimum supervision, conferring with a supervisor on unusual matters. Some assignments are of such broad scope as to require that the employee lead the work of one or more analysts
Essential Job Functions
- Assists in the design and implementation of awareness training for County departments in the areas of racism-prevention, anti-racism, equity, diversity and inclusion in support of the Board's vision of eliminating systemic and structural racism.
- Team with County department staff to assist in conducting organization reviews, as directed by the CEO and the Board of Supervisors.
- Assists in conducting evaluations of County policies, practices, and operations that may systemically prevent African Americans and people or communities of color from accessing, receiving, or maintaining generally available County services.
- Acts as a representative of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Leads a team assigned to Anti-Racism, Inclusion and Diversity Initiative.
- Assists in the preparation and presentation of project progress and reports.
- Assists in the development and implementation of anti-racism initiatives.
- Performs other assignments as required.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS:
Three years of experience at the level of Analyst, CEO* analyzing, developing and implementing awareness training and policy recommendations in the areas of racism-prevention, anti-racism, equity, diversity and inclusion. LICENSE:
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.PHYSICAL CLASS:
2 - Light. Involves light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10-pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION:
* For this examination, experience at the level of Analyst, CEO in the service of Los Angeles County is gained working in a central agency or corporate headquarter, providing professional staff support to the head of an organization in the planning, coordination, direction and control of Racial Equity-related policies or programs under general supervision.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT :
This examination will consist of three (3) parts: Part I:
A multiple choice test weighted at 50% covering:
- Deductive Reasoning
- Professional Potential
- Coping with Uncertainty
- Working to High Quality Standards
- Willingness to Learn
- Maintaining Good Working Relationships
- Analyzing Information
- Learning Quickly
- Generating New Ideas
- Using Time Efficiently
- Adapting to Change
Applicants must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on Part I - multiple choice test in order to proceed to Part II - writing assessment. MULTIPLE CHOICE TESTS ARE NOT REVIEWABLE BY CANDIDATES PER CIVIL SERVICE RULE 7.19. Part II:
A writing assessment weighted 25% measuring English Structure and Content, Written Expression, and Prioritizing Information.
Applicants must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on Part II - writing assessment in order to proceed to Part III - evaluation of training and experience. Part III:
An evaluation of training and experience weighted at 25% covering Professional Technical Knowledge and Work Habits.
Applicants must meet the Selection Requirements and achieve a combined passing score of 70% or higher on the examination in order to be placed on the register.
Many important notifications including invitation letters will be sent electronically to the email address provided on the application. It is important that you provide a valid email address. Please add email@example.com
, and firstname.lastname@example.org
to your email address and list of approved senders to prevent email notifications from being filtered as spam/junk/clutter mail.
Los Angeles County will not consider claims of not viewing or receiving notification to be a valid reason for late test administration or rescheduling of a test component.
Test scores cannot be given over the telephone. TRANSFER OF TEST COMPONENTS
- Applicants who have taken identical components recently for other exams may have their scores automatically transferred to this examination.
- This examination contains test components that may be used in the future for new examinations and your test scores may be transferred.
Test preparation resources are available to help candidates prepare for written employment tests:
- Study guides and other test preparation resources are available to help candidates prepare for employment tests. An interactive, Online Test Preparation System for taking practice tests may be accessed on the Department of Human Resources website at http://hr.lacounty.gov/. Please click on "Find a Job" and then "Job Search Toolkit." Test Preparation Information is located under the "Employment Test Assistance" section.
- You can also access test preparation for the computerized portion of the test by going to http://www.shldirect.com/practice_tests.html.
While these practice materials will help in preparing for the test, we advise you to review ALL related materials that you deem necessary. ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION:
The names of candidates receiving a passing score in the examination will be placed on the eligible register for a period of six (6) months following the date of promulgation.
Applications will be processed on an as-received basis and promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
FAIR CHANCE INITIATIVE
The County of Los Angeles is a Fair Chance employer. Except for a very limited number of positions, you will not be asked to provide information about a conviction history unless you receive a contingent offer of employment. The County will make an individualized assessment of whether your conviction history has a direct or adverse relationship with the specific duties of the job, and consider potential mitigating factors, including, but not limited to, evidence and extent of rehabilitation, recency of the offense(s), and age at the time of the offense(s). If asked to provide information about a conviction history, any convictions or court records which are exempted by a valid court order do not have to be disclosed. VACANCY INFORMATION
The eligible register resulting from this examination will be used to fill vacancies in the Chief Executive Office as they occur. AVAILABLE SHIFT :
Any APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION:
Applications must be filed online only. Applications submitted by U.S. Mail, Fax, or in person will not be accepted. Any required documents must be submitted within fifteen (15) calendar days from application submission. Note:
If you are unable to attach documentation to your online application, you may email to email@example.com
. Please ensure to reference your attachment by writing your full name, Neogov Applicant ID, Examination Title, and Examination Number on the subject of your email.
Apply online by clicking on the "Apply" button for this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website. Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the SELECTION REQUIREMENTS . Provide any relevant job experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, and description of work performed. If your application and/or supplemental questionnaire is incomplete, it will be rejected. IMPORTANT NOTES:
- ALL information included in the application materials is subject to VERIFICATION . We may reject your application at any point during the examination and hiring process, including after an appointment has been made.
- FALSIFICATION of any information may result in DISQUALIFICATION .
- Utilizing VERBIAGE from Class Specification and Selection Requirements serving as your description of duties WILL NOT be sufficient to meet the requirements. Doing so may result in an INCOMPLETE APPLICATION and you may be DISQUALIFIED .
____________________________________________________________________________ SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER:
Please include your Social Security Number for record control purposes. Federal law requires that all employed persons have a Social Security Number. NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their application online using their OWN user ID and password. Using a family member or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.ADA Coordinator Email:
(800) 899-4099Alternate Teletype Phone:
(800) 897-0077California Relay Services Phone:
(800) 735-2922Department Contact Name:
Damian CousinDepartment Contact Phone:
(213) 738-2247Department Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org