California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is seeking an adept and detailed professional well versed in health information management to lead in the planning, development, and maintenance of a comprehensive health record system containing administrative and clinical data pertaining to health care provided to patients within correctional facilities.
Medical Record Director
$69,240 - $86,712 annual salary
In this key position, you will:
- Establish, implement, and enforce appropriate Medical Record security controls and protocols in compliance with departmental policies, applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and accreditation standards
- Serve as custodian of Records and oversee responses to subpoenas and information requests, and appear in court with records as necessary
- Plan and direct the Health Information Management (HIM) Department activities, budgets, goals, and objectives; select, assign, and oversee the ongoing training of records staff
- Provide consultation on a quarterly basis to designated staff members responsible for record administration at select institutions
- Travel to institutions throughout the state as needed
This opportunity is currently available at CCHCS’ Health Imaging and Records Center in Sacramento.
In return for your efforts, we offer the stability that comes with state employment and an excellent benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- State of California retirement that vests in 5 years (visit CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Robust 401(k) and 457 retirement plans
- And much more
To apply online, visit https://cchcs.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=5908937&user_id=
To qualify for this role, you must meet minimum qualifications through one of the following paths:
- Registration by the American Medical Record Association as a Registered Record Administrator or eligibility for examination for registration and two years of experience in a medical records office of an approved hospital which must have involved the supervision of medical records personnel or consultation to clinical staff on the quality of medical records
- Certification by the American Medical Record Association as an Accredited Record Technician or eligibility for examination for accreditation and four years of experience in a hospital medical records office which must have involved the supervision of records personnel or providing consultation to clinical staff on the quality of medical records
- Certification by the American Medical Record Association as an Accredited Record Technician or eligibility for examination for accreditation and two years of experience performing the duties of a Health Records Technician III in CA state service.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.