POSITION SUMMARY THIS POSTING IS FOR PART-TIME POSITIONS ONLY IN THE AREAS OF PERMITTING, BUILDING DIVISION CALL CENTER, PROPERTY RECORDS, AND ADMINISTRATION IMPORTANT:* This posting is to collect applications for part-time vacancies when they become available
* Applications will ONLY be reviewed when there is a vacancy
* Notifications are ONLY made if you are selected for an interview* Applications are good for 90 days; please reapply after 90 days to show your continued interest.
When available, these are positions located at the Development Services Department. Duties may vary depending on type of position and assignment.
Part-time employees are compensated on an hourly basis, typically between 30 and 32 per week.
These temporary assignments are for a minimum of 6 months and may last indefinitely.Starting pay rates are as follows and are subject to change:
- Permitting, Call Center, Records, Administration (Entry to Mid Level) = $18.09 per hour
- Administration (Mid to Higher Level) = $22.29 per hour
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS Employees MAY perform any of the following duties depending on assignment:
- Administrative duties such as general office duties including Microsoft Office, calendar management, electronic and hardcopy record keeping, internal and external communications, document/data tracking, composition of memoranda, spreadsheets and all other duties associated with the day to day operation of professional government offices;
- Permitting related duties;
- Call Center duties;
- Customer Service duties;
- Be able to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing;
- Performs related work as required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
High school Diploma or equivalent;Qualifications vary depending on assignment. Some positions may require a higher level of education or previous work experience which will be evidenced by copies of relevant education certificates or previous work history.
HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION
Applications will be reviewed as positions become available. The hiring authority will then contact those applicants whose application reflects the best match of experience for the position to schedule an interview.
The City of Fort Lauderdale offers a comprehensive benefits package to all regular full-time employees including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability insurance.
Click here for an overview of employment information including our benefits package.