LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE 2 - Requisition ID: 15474
Recruitment Type: Open Competitive
Posting Close Date: N/A
Geographical Location: Las Vegas, Boulder City, Indian Springs, Jean, Henderson
Department:DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS SERVICES
Division: DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS SERVICES
Business Unit: HR-OFFICE OF VETERANS SERVICES
*Pay Grade: GRADE 31
Salary Range: $44,641.44 - $65,667.60
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Recruiter: VANESSA G BLAIR
For over 75 years the Nevada Department of Veterans Services has been dedicated to helping an estimated 250,000 Nevada veterans get the services, benefits and quality of life they deserve. We understand that our employees enable our veterans and their family’s ability to enhance their standard of living, that is why we focus on creating career opportunities that are rooted in our employees’ sense of purpose and passions.
At the Southern Nevada State Veterans Home (SNSVH) our mission is to provide skilled nursing services to veterans, their spouses, and Gold Star parents. Our nursing staff-to-resident ratios promote quality patient care, and our ‘team’ approach encourages participation at all levels. “As a team, we all share the responsibility of “Serving Nevada’s Heroes”, and we take that responsibility very seriously.”- SNSVH Administrator.
The SNSVH has maintained the highest 5-Star Quality Rating by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and has also earned the highest ranking of “High Performing” in the 2022-2023 “Best Nursing Homes” ratings by U.S. News & World Report.
Learn more about the quality of care we provide by visiting our website at veterans.nv.gov .
If you desire to have more than just a job, and desire to make a difference for the greater good in helping our local Veterans that have already given so much, this is your opportunity.
Under the direction of a Registered nurse you will provide direct nursing care to residents in an assigned neighborhood. In addition, you will administer medication and complete therapeutic procedures; provide specialized nursing wound care to residents; participate in the MDS/Care Planning process; communicate with neighborhood staff, residents, families, visitors, and members of the Southern Nevada State Veterans Home treatment team.
This is a 24-hour facility; therefore, day, evening, and night shifts are available. Work experience in a skilled nursing facility and IV Certification is preferred but not required.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
- Current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Nevada and two years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse, one year of which was providing nursing care to inmates in a correctional setting, individuals with mental illness and/or developmental disabilities, or patients in a hospital or skilled nursing facility (e.g., convalescent or nursing home).
- Pursuant to NRS and CDC guidelines, screening by the Department's Infection Control office. Additionally, the COVID-19 and Influenza vaccination. Reasonable accommodations may be requested.
- Certification in Basic Life Support at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment .
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- As a condition of appointment and continuing employment, must be willing to work overtime on short notice, as well as weekends and holidays.
The NSVH is located in Boulder City. Just minutes away from the City of Henderson and is south of Las Vegas.
100 Veterans Memorial Drive
Boulder City, NV 89005
What's In It For You:
Medical coverage with a generous contribution
Dental, Vision, and Basic Life Insurance
Time Away from Work and Work/Life Balance
- 3 weeks of Vacation annually
- 3 weeks of Sick Leave annually
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Day, evening, and night shifts are available.
Retirement and Savings Plans
- Nevada Public Employees’ Retirement System
- Deferred Compensation
- College Savings Plans
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market: