Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding career that offers work-life balance? Are you highly skilled and motived to make a difference? Just minutes away from Las Vegas, Nevada, one of the world’s most famous entertainment destinations, Henderson is the safe, easily-accessible, and charming heart of Southern Nevada. Employment with the City of Henderson represents more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service excellence and enhancing the quality of life for those that live, learn, work, and play in our beautiful City!
The City of Henderson is excited to announce an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of SCADA System Network Engineer - Certified in the Department of Utility Services. This is an open continuous recruitment and testing of applicants will occur on an ongoing basis. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.
The Department of Utility Services provides vital water and wastewater services to our citizens while protecting the environment, health and prosperity of our community.
Under general supervision, performs complex functions associated with the architecting, engineering, implementation, securing, and maintenance of the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system network communications infrastructure, and performs related duties as assigned.
Click here to familiarize yourself with the job and its physical requirements
Click here to find out more about the Department of Utility Services
Click here to see what it's like to live in/visit Henderson
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Electrical Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a closely related field
- Seven (7) years of full-time experience in network system engineering
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Must possess Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certification at time of appointment and maintain certification at own expense as a condition of continued employment
- Possess and maintain a valid Nevada or “border state” driver’s license, as defined by NRS 483
- Desirable: SysAdmin, Audit, Network and Security (SANS) Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), Security Essentials Certification (GSEC) or similar cybersecurity certification
- Desirable: Experience with data communications via Radio Frequency (RF)
- Desirable: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSD), Server Infrastructure or equivalent
Required Documents/Assessment Information DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:1)
Completed Employment Application2)
Current Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certification (please attach your certificate to the “Attachments” section of your application, click here for attachment instructions)ASSESSMENT DATES:
Performance Examination - Virtual (Weighted 50%) - Dates to Be Determined
(Best Qualified Candidates)
Structured Selection Interview - (Weighted 50%) - Dates t o Be Determined
(Top Scoring Candidates) All applicants will be notified by email or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement. IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson online application system. Please check your email and/or text messages on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on dates yet to be determined. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada and/or available via Microsoft Teams to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application.
Appointment may be subject to the successful and timely completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.CITY OF HENDERSON, NEVADAFull-Time Regular Non-Represented Position Benefits Summary INSURANCE
- Health Insurance: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision.
- Employer paid Long Term Disability.
- Employer paid Term Life Insurance - $50,000 or one times annual salary, whichever is higher.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medicare - Employee and City each pay 1.45%.
PAID TIME OFF (PTO)
- Employer paid membership in the State of Nevada Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
- No Social Security tax on employee's wages.
- Retirement Health Savings (RHS) program.
- Service based retiree health insurance subsidy.
- From date of hire, employee is credited with a minimum of 18 days* of PTO prorated by the number of full months remaining in the calendar year, not including the month of hire. In January of each year, employee will be provided with a lump sum annual allocation of PTO as follows:
- Second year through fifth calendar years of service- 22 days
- Sixth year through twelfth calendar years of service - 26 days
- Thirteenth calendar year of service and beyond - 30 days
*Actual number of days of PTO granted may vary by position.Bereavement
- Four consecutive days of leave, with pay, per occurrence, to attend funeral for immediate family member.
- 12 paid holidays per year.
- Holidays that fall on a day the employee is not scheduled to work will be banked. Employees may accumulate up to 152 hours of banked holiday hours at any given time.
- Employee credited with two (2) floating holidays at the beginning of each calendar year. If hired prior to July 1, employee will be credited with two (2) floating holidays and if hired between July 1 and October 31, employee will be credited with one (1) floating holiday.
- Four day, 9.5 hour work day, 38 hour work week.
- Four day, 10 hour work day, 40 hour work week for Police PERS positions.
- IRC 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- IRC 401A Deferred Compensation Plan (new/re-hired employees only)
- IRC125 Plan Flexible Benefits Plan
- Cancer/Catastrophic Illness, Accident, Short Term Disability Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Identity and Credit Protection
- Employee Network Membership
Benefits subject to change based on the discretion of the City Manager or City Council.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous