CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT II - Requisition ID: 15481
Recruitment Type: Open Competitive
Posting Close Date: N/A
Geographical Location: Las Vegas, Boulder City, Indian Springs, Jean, Henderson
Department:DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS SERVICES
Division: DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS SERVICES
Business Unit: HR-OFFICE OF VETERANS SERVICES
*Pay Grade: GRADE 22
Salary Range: $31,111.20 - $44,641.44
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Recruiter: PRICILLA GUZMAN TRUJILLO
Phone: 702 332-6702
For over 75 years the Nevada Department of Veterans Services has been dedicated to helping an estimated 250,000 Nevada veterans get the services, benefits and quality of life they deserve. We understand that our employees enable our veterans and their family’s ability to enhance their standard of living, that is why we focus on creating career opportunities that are rooted in our employees’ sense of purpose and passions.
At the Southern Nevada State Veterans Home (SNSVH) our mission is to provide skilled nursing services to veterans, their spouses, and Gold Star parents. Our nursing staff-to-resident ratios promote quality patient care, and our ‘team’ approach encourages participation at all levels. “As a team, we all share the responsibility of “Serving Nevada’s Heroes”, and we take that responsibility very seriously.”- SNSVH Administrator.
The SNSVH has maintained the highest 5-Star Quality Rating by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and has also earned the highest ranking of “High Performing” in the 2022-2023 “Best Nursing Homes” ratings by U.S. News & World Report.
Learn more about the quality of care we provide by visiting our website at veterans.nv.gov
If you desire to have more than just a job, and desire to make a difference for the greater good in helping our local Veterans that have already given so much this is your opportunity.
We are seeking qualified Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) to join our team. Under the supervision of a licensed nurse, you will provide personal care which includes assisting the residents with activities of daily living in accordance with SNSVH policy and procedures and the Nevada Nurse Practice Act. Your duties include monitoring and reporting vital signs including weight and pain; ensuring adequate hydration and nutrition and reporting any concerns; documenting the care given to residents and the specific parameters of health status monitored for the residents; responding to resident’s requests noting changes and pertinent information; and other relevant CNA duties as assigned.
To see full Class Specifications,visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
- Certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant by the Nevada State Board of Nursing and six months of experience performing work as a Certified Nursing Assistant or Nursing Assistant Trainee; OR six months as a Certified Nursing Assistant I in Nevada State service. The six months of job-relatedexperience may be part of a formal Certified Nursing Assistant training program.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Some positions require current CPR certification at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Certification as a Nursing Assistant by the Nevada State Board of Nursing is required at the time of application and as a condition of continuing employment for the Certified Nursing Assistant I, II and III.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, some positions in this series have been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in these positions must submit to pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
The NSVH is located in Boulder City. Just minutes away from the City of Henderson and is south of Las Vegas.
100 Veterans Memorial Drive
Boulder City, NV 89005
What’s In It for You:
Medical coverage with a generous contribution
Dental, Vision, and Basic Life Insurance
Time Away from Work and Work/Life Balance
- 3 weeks of Vacation annually
- 3 weeks of Sick Leave annually
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Day, evening, and night shifts are available.
Retirement and Savings Plans
- Nevada Public Employees’ Retirement System
- Deferred Compensation
- College Savings Plans
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market: