Distinguishing Features of the Class
Under direction, supervises and directs a specialized area within the total City's recreation program, or a specialized type of recreation activity, and performs related work as required. Assignment Location:
Drake Park, Columbus Park, Evelyn K. Davis Park, MLK Park or Prospect Park. Application Process :
Applicants deemed most qualified based on qualifications may be contacted for an interview. If you are submitting an application December - February, please know that it may be approximately 10-15 business days before you receive a response. If you are submitting an application March - July, please know that it may be approximately 5-10 business days before you receive a response.
Application Deadline :
Applications are accepted until such time a sufficient number of qualified applications is received to fill the positions. Approximate employment duration :
Up to 40 hours per week May through August including weekends and holidays. The listed pay rate begins with the 2023 summer season. Acceptable Experience and Training
Required Special Qualifications
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED;
- Must be 18 years of age.
Examples of Essential Work (Illustrative Only)
- Current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid.
- Requires satisfactory criminal, sex offender and if applicable driving record background checks.
- Leads assigned activities and supervises others in leading activities;
- Trains staff in leadership techniques, methods of activity planning, safety and public relations;
- Works closely with other recreation staff to assure the proper development of assigned activities.;
- Organizes and supervises one or more activities such as summer playground programs, aquatics programs, day camps, trips, arts and cultural activities, nature activities, sports and games, special population, senior activities or special events;
- Recruits and trains staff and volunteers to assist with program implementation, lead programs and ensure safety of participants;
- Tracks participation statistics;
- Maintains necessary records and submits required reports.
Closing Date/Time: 6/16/2023 4:00 PM Central