Summary WHY WORK FOR WACO:
Primary Duties Minimum Starting Salary: $21.01/hour
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- 37 days of sick, vacation, and holiday time in the 1st year of employment
- Onsite fitness centers and overall employee well-being programs
- Paid Parental Leave
- Education Assistance Program
- Be part of a high performing team
- Diverse community
- Company culture of equity and inclusion, serves with integrity, invests in people, provides excellent and innovative services, and focuses on teamwork
Under basic supervision, supervises staff and functions of Public Records work group for the Waco Police Department (WPD), in compliance with City procedures and state laws and regulations.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervises a Public Records work group; assures that appropriate services are provided, and work is performed in compliance with state laws, City policies and WPD quality standards; interprets and enforces policies and procedures governing confidentiality requirements and release of police records and information.
- Supervises and trains staff; assigns work, conducts performance evaluations, and resolves personnel issues; reviews work performance and assures that quality and timeliness standards are met; meets regularly with staff to discuss and resolve technical issues, workload, and records system integrity.
- Processes a variety of public records and information requests; answers inquiries and explains policies and procedures; provides information and assistance within scope of authority; prepares activity reports.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
- May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Driving is essential.
- Associate's Degree in Business, Criminal Justice or a related field;
- AND three years of experience within in a related setting;
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License.
- Specific technical training and certifications are required.
- National/Texas Crime Information Centers (NCIC/TCIC) within six months from date of hire.
- Depending on the needs of the City, additional licenses and certifications may be required.
Must complete Police Department Background Packet
- Provide truthful and accurate information at all times during the application process. Any dishonesty found during the application process will result in an automatic disqualification and deem applicant permanently unsuitable for hire at any other time.
Must be able to pass a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background screening. Must be able to pass a polygraph. Ability to pass the Typing test - 40wpm minimum Ability to pass the Office Grammar & Spelling - 70% minimumPreferred:
Additional Requirements:ALL APPLICANTS - Must be able to pass a criminal background check, obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances where required. Applicant must meet CJIS requirements related to system access. By applying for this job, you are subjected to a state and national criminal history check of the following:
- One year of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Felony Convictions
- Felony Deferred Adjudication
- Class A & B Misdemeanor Convictions
- Class A & B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication
- Any open arrest for any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor)
- Any Family Violence Convictions
Various Days & Hours Physical Demands Light Work:
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.